CCL cancelled excursion w/o telling me. 12/09/2010 Elation

bigtoeswim'n

After this post, I'm retiring for the evening. And retiring from replying to this thread.

I'm not very much interested in baseball, and I'm recouping from my very nice New England cruise and have post cruise blues.

I soooo totally agree with the folks about chilling after a minor set back. "DISCOVERED SOLELY BY MY EFFORT", as described by folks, who occur them WHILE cruising, as compare to me pre-cruise. of a cancellation..... like oranges to apples.

DH and I sat on a plane in Boston, MA, just last weekend. We had to wait for Airforce One to land. I also adjusted very well when, pre-cruise, when I tried to get my boarding pass from Delta from Mob to Bos, to discover that the flight numbers were changed, and I couldn't not get the online boarding pass. I simply had to go to the airport several hours earlier than plan and stand in in line to get that bc Delta changed the flights.... I learned that, when I called Delta, THE NIGHT BEFORE, to figure out wassup. I did not ask for compensation, though Delta could have told me (and many other customers) of the flight change days before the incident. I did receive an apology email from Delta about this matter. We are talking days, not 47 days pre-cruise. Guess that is just me!!! on something so slow moving as a ship and ports.

For those poster/folks, who claim they are "concern about me." I don't buy it. I do chill very easily... I do complain, however, about bad business practice. I think it helps my fellow travelers and, hopefully, will bring about change for the business providing service. I thought that what what CC was about. But maybe not on the CCL board. Maybe I'm wrong again.

I now, deep within my heart, think there are many CCL customer who will begin or have begun to check their sailing, to check their excursion and see if they have what they have paid for or not... I know any future CCL sailings, I will do the same. As for "entitlements" or compensation for bad business practices, well, I cannot answer to that. Let CCL continue to cancel and not notify the paying customer. Let the elderly, non-computer literate, kids, young parents in a whirlwind, let them folks busy with life vs cruising, let them find out about cancelled excursionsm without notification once they board ship. Okay..... Let CCL and/or server filters get off easy.

Me??? I was trying to help, inform.. I can take the flaming. Just glad I had the ability and forseight to check CCL homepage.

Late now. Do love to peck about cruising. 'Tis why I am a cruise critic fan. Thanks to all.

Thx for the feedback all. All good points. Guess I have to live and learn. Still think I should get the OBC' date=' though, for the aggravation. JMHO.

This hasn't happened on my RCI cruises.

No notifcation email is the problem here. Had I not checked, I would be thinking I had this sailing all zipped up.

Maybe it is bc of the building being refurbished. This is one reason I believe CCL earns the "Wal-Mart" of the cruise industry. IMO once again. Roll all the eyes you want :cool:, but I do appreciate all the feedback. :) May it never happen to you. :D

Have a great weekend.[/quote']

Did you book through a TA or CC?

On our RCI cruise we were informed at noon on Tuesday that we would not be going to Ocho Rios on Wednesday....our shore excursions cancelled and we would instead be going to Montego Bay .......had until 3PM to pick out shore excursions for MoBay. Friends of ours had a private tour and lost their $90 and received no OBC !!!! That's cruising.....did it ruin our cruise....NOPE.....just regrouped and went on. So....YES...it does happen on RCI too.........does that make them K-Mart of the Sea ? Guess so !!

Ginnie

KUDOS to the OP for not freaking out and getting all defensive when faced with the many flaming replies! Why can't everyone be like that :p

Now, I think we should ALL LET IT GO and move on. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone! I know I WILL! Flying to Long Beach in 12 hours to board the Splendor! :D

Be Well! :)

Rick

As someone who just got certified for scuba in Aug and who did a discover scuba excursion in Hawaii when there on the Spirit in April, I'll say you are going to have a lot more fun now then with a boring ol' cooking class. :)

But I'll also say that Carnival should do a better job notifying people when that happens. Email and phone call to the number on record. :cool:

this is exactly what i was thinking....much better time diving! we are in the kitchen all the time....

but i can understand the op's frustration. you get all excited about what you plan...that's part of the fun and excitement of the planning.

however, dh would be in the doghouse with me if he knew something like this and failed to mention it.

go on your cruise and have fun...

Archived