Is jacket/tie required in specialty restaurants on Connie?

jen&mike

I fully understand that formal wear is required on formal nights. However, on all other nights is a jacket & tie required for my husband at Tuscan Grill and Ocean Liners? DH would certainly be wearing nice dress pants and a long sleeve button down collared shirt but does not want to bring his suit and ties. Is that acceptable? He no longer cares for formal nights as Azamara's resort casual atmosphere spoiled him. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I don't want to miss these wonderful dining options!:)

Jennifer

I usually wear a jacket, and occasionally a tie, for smart casual and above nights at Ocean Liners on the Connie or similar specialty restaurants on the other ships. I notice that may, if not most, of the other passengers there dress up too. But it is not required and at least on smart casual nights the dress code is the same as the MDR these days.

There are conflicting statements on Celebrity's site as to whether these restaurants are formal or smart casual + on formal nights, but even if formal isn't required we've seen almost everyone there on formal nights wearing formal wear.

There are conflicting statements on Celebrity's site as to whether these restaurants are formal or smart casual + on formal nights, but even if formal isn't required we've seen almost everyone there on formal nights wearing formal wear.

I thought that all restaurants and I don't count the buffet,

were formal on formal nights.

Oh no I have replied to a dress code thread!!!

The specialty restaurants are now smart casual on all nights, so no jacket or tie are required.

This is indeed the new policy. SO.. your husband would be fine in his outfit ANY night of the cruise in the specialties. Some people choose to dress up on formal nights in the specials but that is by choice not X guidelines.

Remember too that the new dinner buffet will offer a more casual dining every night.

This is indeed the new policy. SO.. your husband would be fine in his outfit ANY night of the cruise in the specialties. Some people choose to dress up on formal nights in the specials but that is by choice not X guidelines.

Remember too that the new dinner buffet will offer a more casual dining every night.

Thank you all for your imput.;) It's nice to know we have lots of options available to us. Although I enjoy formal nights, I like to keep my hubby happy too! Afterall it's his vacation as well:D!!

Jennifer

Thank you all for your imput.;) It's nice to know we have lots of options available to us. Although I enjoy formal nights, I like to keep my hubby happy too! Afterall it's his vacation as well:D!!

Jennifer

Yes, I agree that after cruising on a smart casual-only line, sometimes packing the "formal" clothes is an effort, especialy on long itineraries.;) But Celebrity is changing things to make you and your husband more welcome with the alternatives.

Yes, I agree that after cruising on a smart casual-only line, sometimes packing the "formal" clothes is an effort, especialy on long itineraries.;) But Celebrity is changing things to make you and your husband more welcome with the alternatives.

That is correct. Although we may cruise only once a year they are typically 14 days or longer. Packing and flying can be quite a hassle these days (however not as bad when you can drive to the pier). And I like to be able to manage my own luggage.:cool: Anyways, dress code can be quite a "hot issue" :eek::eek: with many so I like follow the rules but is is sooo great that we have many more choices available now to us. Also it can take the fun out of travel if it is too regimented. Appreciate your responses!;)

Jennifer

Archived