Menu Changes from Med to Carribean ?

scotslizzy

Hi

I sailed on Eclipse in June and really enjoyed the food and selections and am now booked for a carribean cruise in Jan again on Eclipse . Will there be much difference in the style or menu selections ? Different types of fish etc

I did read read one comment that they now serve something called beef cheeks instead of filet mignon which not only sounds awful but would I assume be a much cheaper cut of meat . We will treat ourselves to Murano's but I would like to know that filet is still served in the main MDR or Blu which is where we are supposed to be dining as we have booked Aqua class cabin .

Thanks

Scotslizzy

For the most part there usually isn't much of a change in the menus between locations.

Over the years I've read on Cruise Critic posts that Celebrity has 14 basic dinner menus that are used fleet-wide and that cruises less than 14 days use a subset of these. Variations from these basic menus seem to occur only when they are experimenting with different items.

The Eclipse might be an exception as it was promoted as being adjusted to the tastes of UK cruisers, being stationed there during it's inaugural season. Since it is yet to start its first cruise from any other port, and since I've not been on the Eclipse it is hard to say if the menus had been adjusted for UK tastes and whether there will be a switch back to a fleet standard if this was the case.

The only other changes I've seen from area to area have been minor differences in the buffet area, for example you might find a few less UK style dishes there and only regular American style "streaky" bacon there instead of the meaty back bacon served in the UK. Also there are sometimes regional differences in the quality of some fresh fruits and vegetables and in the quality of some meats.

Archived