Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Hi everyone!

LP, glad you had fun camping. I say better too cool than too hot. Nothing worse than being miserable in a tent and being too hot to even sweat!:rolleyes:

suzque, Almost a pound is awesome!

Hypermommy, you doing ok?

Chrystal, I'm really glad you joined our group!

Comingo, Where are you? We miss your pearls of wisdom!

VT, Hope you're having fun on your cruise!

Cyndi, You're MIA! I hope you're doing ok!

Finally, I have some good news! I stepped on the scale this morning and lost 4.2 pounds! Whoosh.... practically overnight.... not! :rolleyes:. But farewell and good riddance! Don't come back]

Well we are back! I am sure I gained some weight even it is fluid. My legs and feet are swollen and I feel like if someone poked me with a pin, I would pop! headed to Curves in the morning.......have to get back on track. I am the heaviest I have ever been and boy did I notice it on the cruise! I WILL NOT GO ON ANOTHER ONE UNTIL I HAVE LOST THIS WEIGHT! :mad:

Yes, they definitely go heavy on sodium in the foods, but I hope you had fun. I worry that we put so much emphasis on our goal of losing weight that it becomes our identity. I hope that you enjoyed the cruise, met nice people, saw beautiful scenery and loved being away from it all with someone special. :) I'm glad you're back and don't be hard on yourself. Savor the memories while you're doing your routine. Life has to be about more than your weight.

VT: So glad to hear that you are back! Did you have fun? :)

I have a pretty long review posted out on the HAL main board if anyone is interested in reading.......

Of course the food was great- but I did watch my carbs, no bread at dinner etc. why waste carbs on bread? Back to Curves tomorrow!

Hello one and all!!!!

Hope everyone is on track with diets. Wow what an amazing vacation yes gained 6 pounds, but will lose it again.

Cruise from start to finish was out of this world.

Slide shows of whole trip hope you enjoy

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0147-51d6-9554?lm

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0147-4a2e-8eac?lm

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0147-47b8-833a?lm

I have a pretty long review posted out on the HAL main board if anyone is interested in reading.......

Of course the food was great- but I did watch my carbs, no bread at dinner etc. why waste carbs on bread? Back to Curves tomorrow!

Hello one and all!!!!

Hope everyone is on track with diets. Wow what an amazing vacation yes gained 6 pounds, but will lose it again.

Hello one and all!!!!

LOL Forgot to mention rebooked on ship Legend May 20th, 2012

Comingo, thanks for posting so many great pictures of your cruise. I am glad that you had a great time. In December, I am going to sail on the Inspiration also. How did you like the ship itself?

VT, welcome back too! I am going to look up your review later also.

In the course of our home remodeling, I haven't had a computer at home, so I feel so behind in posting with you all here! I'm trying to sneak in a few minutes here and there at work. I also have no clue where the scale is right now, so i haven't weighed in lately either. I really hate the feeling of everything being so disorganized while we are making so many repairs.

We are almost finished with the living room, so at least we can have one space back to normal!

Hi everyone!

Finally, I have some good news! I stepped on the scale this morning and lost 4.2 pounds! :D Whoosh.... practically overnight.... not! :rolleyes:. But farewell and good riddance! Don't come back!:mad::D:D

Congratulations on the 4.2 lbs!!! That is awesome!!!

Hello one and all!!!!

6lbs versus a great cruise? I will take the cruise!!!:D Plus, your right...you will lose it again!!!

Well, 3lbs gone this week!!! At this point, I don't even care what the scale says...I can feel it and see it better!!! My daughter picked out some pajama pants for me the other day...I haven't worn them in over a year, because they were to tight in the thighs, butt, and tummy. I put them on and.....Viola! I had to keep pulling them up all through the night! They are to loose on me!!! Yipee!!!

SW: 205

CW: 190.4 (haven't seen that number in over a year!!!)

GW: 135

Mini GW: 180 by our cruise 6/4/11

May I join your group? I notice you've all been posting pretty often and seem to all have such I nice fit, will it upset the apple cart if I join in?

My name is Babs, I'm a lot older than most of you who post but your stories all sound so familiar. Once upon a time I was a skinny young girl, but no more and have been dieting off and on for many years. I'm also a thyroid cancer survivor who is fighting the battle of the bulge and I want to drop some unneeded pounds before our October cruise to Hawaii. We winter in Florida and took 6 cruises between November and March and I did manage not to gain any weight. One day, two weeks ago I decided it is time and I've been doing South Beach ever since. So far down a few pounds...wish it was more...but I'll take any loss I can get. Tomorrow I go on to Phase II of SB and am then allowed fruit and a more varied diet; can't wait.:)

May I join your group? I notice you've all been posting pretty often and seem to all have such I nice fit, will it upset the apple cart if I join in?

My name is Babs, I'm a lot older than most of you who post but your stories all sound so familiar. Once upon a time I was a skinny young girl, but no more and have been dieting off and on for many years. I'm also a thyroid cancer survivor who is fighting the battle of the bulge and I want to drop some unneeded pounds before our October cruise to Hawaii. We winter in Florida and took 6 cruises between November and March and I did manage not to gain any weight. One day, two weeks ago I decided it is time and I've been doing South Beach ever since. So far down a few pounds...wish it was more...but I'll take any loss I can get. Tomorrow I go on to Phase II of SB and am then allowed fruit and a more varied diet; can't wait.:)

Welcome Babs!!! Congratulations on being a cancer survivor!!! You are more then welcome to join us...in fact...please do!!! We have all joined at different times and love when new people join our lifestyle change with us! Remember, we are all losing the pounds of butter together!!!:D

Thanks for the welcome and I hope we can all lose the weight we want to lose before our cruises. Actually I have some gorgeous beaded tops I've had for ages (too tight through the chest anymore) and that was my first thought when I decided I wanted to get back on this band wagon. If I can lose some through the front, maybe I can take the lovely black beaded one on my next cruise. Wouldn't that be nice?:p

Anyhow thanks again for including me and oh by the way today I was almost down 7 lbs since I started. I know SB and Atkins and those diets are pretty strict but I need something to get me motivated, so for two weeks it's been pretty rough sledding. I've done it though and after today I can begin eating some fruit, some whole wheat items and I'm really looking forward to that.:)

Welcome Babs! You'll be wearing your lovely beaded tops in no time!

Thanks lovepea! The tops are just the "start" but not the primary reason I want to lose weight. They will just be something I dream about being able to get in to again. If I don't, it won't be the end of the world. I want to be healthy, I want to conquer my cancer and I want to live life to the fullest for the remaining years I have left.:)

Hey I was just watching the beginning of Dr. Oz; don't know if any of you watch him or not. He had a lady on...very young...who weighs over 700 lbs. :confused: It made me so sad to see her, she could barely walk. Wow, am I glad I've only got 40 lbs or so I want to lose. So we should all be thankful for the small problem we have. Yes, it may be 100, 75 or 50 lbs we want to shed but thats a long way from needing to lose 500!

Hang in there guys, we can each do it!!!! Time for my snack (which is something I'm usually too busy to remember) but I'm trying. When I get busy in the morning, doing my normal household chores, before I know it, it's time for lunch and I've not eaten my snack. So off to eat some almonds and maybe a little tomato juice and then I think I'll go pull some weeds. Have a great day and thanks for the welcoming posts.:)

Wow, so much has happened since I was here last!!! My Uncle's Estate sale was this past weekend. We tried to sell as much as we could so that it could go towards his assisted living. Unfortunately we only sold the "junk". But the good news is that he made $2600, so he had a lot of junk! No one could believe an 82 year old man lived there. He had so many knick knacks! None of the furniture sold, only stuff that was under $5-6 each. He lives in a small NC town that has been hit hard by the recession, so I guess we should be happy to have done as well as we did. We'll bring the furniture up here, it's a lot bigger and economically stronger. At any rate he made enough to pay for about 2 1/2 weeks of assisted living. :rolleyes:

Gloria, thanks for putting up your pictures, but the best part is that we know your name now!;) 6 pounds gain from a cruise could be a lot of sodium induced water retention. Don't sweat it, just get back to your plan.

Crystal, You must feel so great!!! You're right, it's nice to see the scales move, but when you have trouble keeping your pants up, you know you're getting somewhere!;) Awesome!

Babs, Of course there's room for one more, there's room for everyone! Sounds like you've got a good start. Just for the record, I'm 58 and 1 month. But age is just a number, right!?? I'm sure glad you joined us and you'll have to try on that beaded top every once and awhile and give us a progress report!

LP I almost forgot to tell you to hang in through your renovations! You'll be so happy when you're done! You're doing great!

Well, this is going to be a tough two weeks for me. I'm flying to Salt Lake City for a few days to meet up with my DH at a conference, then to Las Vegas for the weekend. I've never been there, but I'm hoping that I'll walk enough to burn the calories. Then I fly to Colorado to visit Grandson #1 (3years old) I'll stay with them for a few days then bring Will home to have Easter with us. My DD will come down with her 2 boys (3 mos old and 2 years old) and I'm sure those little ones will have me moving a lot too. Then I fly Will back home and visit SIL for a few days.

Oh, the best part, I got all my clothes into a CARRY-ON!!! Woo hoo!! I'm so proud of myself. But I'm too cheap to pay luggage fees with the number of flights I'll be on!:eek:

I'll keep track of everyone while I'm gone! Have a good week!

Oh yeah, age is just a number but when you get to my age, you don't want to remember anymore.:p I'm not admitting to anything, but I will give a little hint...I'm over 70!

I have three beaded tops, but the main one I'm dying to be able to wear again is one I bought at Cesear's Palace many years ago in Las Vegas.

We used to live there, my husband was in the USAF and we were stationed at Nellis AFB two different times. The other two tops are a white and a turquoise...both bought by husband in Hong Kong. Think they are both smaller than the black one, so if I can get into the black one, I'll bring it and wear it on our cruise in October. That is my goal but who knows.:confused:

Comingo, thanks for posting so many great pictures of your cruise. I am glad that you had a great time. In December, I am going to sail on the Inspiration also. How did you like the ship itself?

VT, welcome back too! I am going to look up your review later also.

In the course of our home remodeling, I haven't had a computer at home, so I feel so behind in posting with you all here! I'm trying to sneak in a few minutes here and there at work. I also have no clue where the scale is right now, so i haven't weighed in lately either. I really hate the feeling of everything being so disorganized while we are making so many repairs.

We are almost finished with the living room, so at least we can have one space back to normal!

I absolutly loved the Inspiration. the boarding was fast and organized. The weather sucked thur as we boarded, but it did not dampen anything. We were on ship before noon and eating by noon. We were in our room by 1. We headed to the Lido with drinks in hand and the party started for real. The rooms were the perfect tempt. they were large clean and E151 was very quite.

The food in the MG dining room was outstanding with great staff who called us by name and gave us hugs and made sure we had ov tables every night. They danced and sang and had the dinning room engerzed.

The shows were outstandind and the comody club was very funny.

Loved the energy of the Lido deck and we spent alot of time there. The bar staff were very funny and lively and all had a great time.

We booked our next one before we left the ship. On the Legend in May 2012

Weighed in this morning and for the two weeks on South Beach, I'm down 8 1/2 pounds. I took out a pound of butter before I had breakfast and looking at that I thought "how in the world have I lost this much X 8?":confused:

Anyhow, still feeling motivated and the clothes are gradually loosening so know that is a good sign.

Happy Wednesday to everyone and stick to your plan whatever it may be.

Heading out to hunt for that big suitcase we need and keeping my fingers crossed I locate one for a decent price.

Well it isn't bright and colorful but I did find a suitcase. Kohl's had a great sale on today so we went there and sure enough DH picked out a set so now I think we are all set for another cruise!;) The color is a light to medium gray...so rather "dull" but once I tie on some colorful ribbons it shouldn't be too difficult to locate in the terminal after our cruises. The day is looking GOOD!:D

Well it isn't bright and colorful but I did find a suitcase. Kohl's had a great sale on today so we went there and sure enough DH picked out a set so now I think we are all set for another cruise!;) The color is a light to medium gray...so rather "dull" but once I tie on some colorful ribbons it shouldn't be too difficult to locate in the terminal after our cruises. The day is looking GOOD!:D

ribbons are a great idea tks may do that to mine as well

Weighed in this morning and for the two weeks on South Beach, I'm down 8 1/2 pounds. I took out a pound of butter before I had breakfast and looking at that I thought "how in the world have I lost this much X 8?":confused:

Anyhow, still feeling motivated and the clothes are gradually loosening so know that is a good sign.

Heading out to hunt for that big suitcase we need and keeping my fingers crossed I locate one for a decent price.

wow 8 1/2 how awesome!!! Nice job

ribbons are a great idea tks may do that to mine as well

I normally have a huge bow on our luggage....sort of almost a flag type bow, that is red, white and blue, but located some colorful ribbons one day and may tie them on as well. Also another trick someone told me about is to take a magic marker along, and color the luggage tag they give you to put on at the end of the cruise. I take a bright pink and it sure stands out. DH has no problem locating our luggage at all.:p

I lost another 2.2 lbs this week, so far I have lost 19 lbs.

Way to go Suzque!!!

8 1/2 lbs is awesome Babs!

Comingo: Right back on track! That is awesome!!!

Archived