Courtyard Butler vs. Courtyard Suite Butler

marelind

We will be staying in a Courtyard Suite for the first time. We have been in the OS with Courtyard priviledges before. When we ventured to the Courtyard we were greeted by the Courtyard butler who showed us around and let us know what was available to us.

Is there more than one butler in the Courtyard? Is there a butler for the Courtyard itself and another one or two for the suites? If so, are their duties different? Could an experienced Courtyarder please 'splain it to me?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, If we ate breakfast or lunch in the courtyard area the courtyard butler would serve it. If we ordered a drink while in the courtyard area or deck 15, the courtyard butler would bring it. He also maintains the juices, coffee, rolls in the am and the cookies, punch etc in the afternoon. If you need a pool towel he will get it.

The room butler serves your meals, snacks etc that you eat in your cabin. Room service is delivered by your room butler.If you order a drink in your cabin, the room butler does that. He maintains the coffee machine in the room.

The conceirge handled our shore ex, dinner ressies and any other issues outside the courtyard area.

You will have a great time.

So let me get this right! The suite butler and the courtyard butler are different? Tipping for each I am sure?

Ooooh, I'm glad you mentioned that. I would have ended up thinking of it eventually, but I'd rather plan ahead for that.

runnerandme -- come on along. We have a healthy Roll Call going, and our motto is the more the merrier.

We were in the OS on the Gem a couple of years ago, and decided to go to lunch in the courtyard. The courtyard butler told us to inform our room butler when we wanted to dine in the courtyard. We didn't bother going back. It sounds like this has changed from the comments on here.

We were in the OS on the Gem a couple of years ago, and decided to go to lunch in the courtyard. The courtyard butler told us to inform our room butler when we wanted to dine in the courtyard. We didn't bother going back. It sounds like this has changed from the comments on here.

So what did the CY butler think his job was then? :>

Archived