Beverage pacakage explained please?

jusjoan

Hi, I need Beverage Selection 101 or Beverage Selection for Dummies. I have just book my first Alaskan cruise on Millennium for next August. After deciding on the cruise line, trip, room, dining, I am now trying to figure out beverage packages.

I am a margarita or gin and tonic happy hour kind of gal and my DH is more of a craft beer kind of guy. I enjoy wine with my dinner and my DH may have a beer or water with his dinner. I also enjoy good coffe and lattes.

Any thought on the subject? Love this message board and having all the experienced cruisers giving their opinions.

Did you read the sticky thread on beverage packages? It's long :eek: but worth reading. It helped my friends decide on whether or not to get the beverage packages (they did) & which one suited them best. Good luck ;)

Jennifer

I did but I don't understand what I am trying to compare. If I look at the beverage package that says beers up to $5 and wine selection up to $8 what does that mean? Can we get as many beers and glasses of wine/day as we please as long as we pick the less expensive beers and wines?

Am I basically trying to figure out if we will drink more than $39 dollars/day in bevarages with coffee, soft drinks, beer and wine and if we think we might then I choose the $39 dollar/day bevarage package and we get unlimited drinks of that type?

Thanks for helping sort this out.

I did but I don't understand what I am trying to compare. If I look at the beverage package that says beers up to $5 and wine selection up to $8 what does that mean? Can we get as many beers and glasses of wine/day as we please as long as we pick the less expensive beers and wines?

Am I basically trying to figure out if we will drink more than $39 dollars/day in bevarages with coffee, soft drinks, beer and wine and if we think we might then I choose the $39 dollar/day bevarage package and we get unlimited drinks of that type?

Thanks for helping sort this out.

It's an unlimited quantity for one person per package, as many as you like within that price limit. If you prefer more expensive beers, or drinks, you need to get the premium pkg instead.

Oh. I went back and looked at the "sticky" concerning beverage packages. I never got past the price list to see all the posts! I think I will have all my questions answered after I plow through all the responses. I am already thinking I need a premium package. Not so sure my DH does.....Thanks.

Oh. I went back and looked at the "sticky" concerning beverage packages. I never got past the price list to see all the posts! I think I will have all my questions answered after I plow through all the responses. I am already thinking I need a premium package. Not so sure my DH does.....Thanks.

The "sticky" thread is what sealed the deal for my friends. Knowing what types of beverages they would normally want and the prices they are (she only likes Grey Goose:eek:) helped them to decide on the premium packages. He was on the fence for a classic. All the responses helped them to understand exactly how the packages work and the kind of service from the bar staff you get. (Sounds excellent!) ;) Have fun.

Jennifer

Archived