Please send me your excursion ideas for Belize

tammyjw305

What do you recommend doing in Belize? We have gone cave tubing on a previous trip, so we are interested in doing something different. We have also booked zip lining in Roatan already. We have 4 days in a row of shore days and don't want to wake up by an alarm everyday. It is also a tender port which requires extra time too (so maybe no alarm is not possible).

In addition to recommendations, does anyone know if one can go ashore and find tour operators selling excursions? We did this in Progresso before, and it was a really good tour. Would an onshore offering also be good in Belize? Has anyone gone on a good one? Also, if this is possible to buy an on shore tour, what time would one need to be on shore by?

Thanks!

We were originally looking at pilot your own boat excursion. The vendor's site now says that they cannot accommodate NCL Spirit passengers (I'm not sure what changed; maybe the ship was late too many times).

We also considered the brewery tour. We were reading about the person that went there on their own via taxi and bought the tour. Has anyone tried this in the afternoon?

Thanks!

In addition to recommendations, does anyone know if one can go ashore and find tour operators selling excursions? We did this in Progresso before, and it was a really good tour. Would an onshore offering also be good in Belize? Has anyone gone on a good one? Also, if this is possible to buy an on shore tour, what time would one need to be on shore by?

Thanks!

We booked boat snorkel and trip to Bannister Island at the tourist village. It was a couple years back, but there were several tours that could be booked without reservations. Most of the tours are short and many of the guides wait until the tour is full before leaving so you might be in the village for and hour or two.

If you are into ruins, I've seen good reviews on the River Wallace/Ruins Tour.

What do you recommend doing in Belize? We have gone cave tubing on a previous trip, so we are interested in doing something different.

Thanks!

Where did you book your cave tubing from? The ship, or online? Or somehow else? Where can I find information on this? Thank you!!

Don't know what you're looking for, but if you have an interest in visiting Mayan ruins and like wildlife, the Lamanai trip is very good. But it is an all-day excursion, at least as I took it. A bus trip thru Belize City, then a boat trip up a river with a fair amount of bird and other life, then the Lamanai ruins themselves which I found spectacular, and my husband said were as good as Chichen Itza. Lunch was included for us, then a trip in reverse back down the river, etc. Very worth it--we're doing it again in 7 weeks.

Wendy, the Lamanai trip sounds awesome. Can you please provide some details re: cost per person, total length of trip and how to book it?? I am not the OP but I'm doing some research on this for a family member going to Belize on a cruise soon. Thanks for your help! :)

Wendy, the Lamanai trip sounds awesome. Can you please provide some details re: cost per person, total length of trip and how to book it?? I am not the OP but I'm doing some research on this for a family member going to Belize on a cruise soon. Thanks for your help! :)

I'd like some info on that, too! Thanks!

Archived