Europe/Mediterranean cruises

MURCOTT

It would appear the Carnival Magic will do Mediterranean cruises through Oct. 2011 and then be repositioned to Galveston. Would any one know if carnival will continue with the Med. itinerary in 2012?

Carnival Breeze will debut in 2012 and while not officially announced, all the new builds have done Med/Euro cruises before heading state side.

It will be interesting to see if they stick with Barcelona or go back to Rome.

Hope you are able to sail the Med, it was one of my most memorable cruises.

Carnival Breeze will debut in 2012 and while not officially announced, all the new builds have done Med/Euro cruises before heading state side.

It will be interesting to see if they stick with Barcelona or go back to Rome.

Hope you are able to sail the Med, it was one of my most memorable cruises.

Thanks for the reply...never even thought of the Breeze. I'll keep watching for announcement and would definately prefer the Rome port also.

Thanks for the reply...never even thought of the Breeze. I'll keep watching for announcement and would definately prefer the Rome port also.

It might depend on how successful the Magic cruises out of Barcelona are selling. I find it easier to fly and get hotel deals in Rome.

Thinking about doing the Transatlantic Breeze cruise when announced.

• 1 month later...

I am looking at the 9 day Mediterranean Magic cruise either on Sept 16 or Oct 7. The prices for both cruises are really good for a 9 day cruise. I want to be in a suite as I love the extra space but Carnival seems to be the only reasonably priced cruise line out there. I was on a NCL cruise (The Pearl) in October and stayed in a suite and really got spoiled. NCL has so many perks but I just didn't like the ports for their Med cruises so I am looking else where. I do know that Carnival doesn't have the perks like NCL does but at this point the great rate for a 9 day cruise is something I might not be able to pass up. I know The Dream is a sister ship to the Carnival Magic so I have been looking at reviews to see if I would enjoy this ship. My only concern would be is that this ship is so huge and would be so crowded that it would make it a miserable trip. I am not a fan of the huge ships but I am thinking that in Sept or Oct there should not be that many people aboard. Since I have never taken a Med cruise before could someone please let me know about the crowds at that time of year. Thanks so much for your replies.

We sailed on the Carnival Dream in September 2009. The ship was new and fully booked. I was surprised at that time of year how full of tourists most of the ports were.

So did we! We were on the inaugural and I'll bet you were, too, since it started September and ended October 3rd.

I never felt crowded on the Dream and am looking forward to the Magic. I also wish they were sailing out of Civitavecchia, because it's easy to spend a week in Rome (even again).

Also, we are spending as much for airfare to Barcelona as we did to Rome (about $1100-$1200)

We are booked on the 9-day Magic cruise in August. Booked the ES and have had two significant price drops and I see many open cabins around us. The prices were great to start and we decided to bring the kids as the Carnival balcony cabins have always worked well with us for four.

Archived