Private Excursion Questions

maybesomeday

In Freeport, Bahamas my ship will dock at 8am and leaves at 6pm.

I want to do the Sand Dollar Catamaran cruise, which is about a 20 minute shuttle ride from the port.

They have two sailing each day- 9am to 12 pm and 1pm to 4pm.

Would I be able to make the 9am sailing by getting off the cruise ship, catch a shuttle, and make the trip by 9am?

If you think that is too tight (which I think it may be), what about the second option? Would you worry about a 4pm ending with a 6pm disembark?

Last cruise I booked EVERYTHING through the cruise ship, but it seems that a lot of long time cruisers all go private with their excursions.

Any advice for this new cruiser would be appreciated!

I will go with the 1pm to 4pm time slot

In the morning, the ship can dock late or they can be a delay getting off the ship. Since you have to take a shuttle, there might be a issue of a delay with traffic and waiting for people.. Since the ship does not sail until 6pm then that means that you need to be onboard before 5:30pm which gives you about an hour and half to travel back to the ship after the tour is finish

Most of the private tours are very much aware of the ship times and do everything to make sure you make it back, i always book private, but i guess there's always the chance - but i'd go with the afternoon time.

Most of the private tours are very much aware of the ship times and do everything to make sure you make it back, i always book private, but i guess there's always the chance - but i'd go with the afternoon time.

We also almost always book private but like most of the others posts I would take the afternoon time slot.

Archived