Upgrades for assigned room possible?

kbatschke

We have a 6b assigned room on the Main deck Glory 10/8/05 sailing. I talked to our TA about moving to a higher deck, but she said that Main was all that she had available at the pricing we got.

Is it possible to get an upgrade to a higher deck from Carnival? Should I just keep checking with the TA?

Thanks,

Karl

Thanks for the six weeks info. I have a 9A booked and I've heard several stories on these boards about Carnival trying to lure pax out of the 9As with upgrades to suites. One member even said they were upgraded on two different cruises with no prior notice. They did get to keep the 9A reservation, but not without a fuss. I have been wanting to know how soon to start checking my reservation daily. I reserved the 9A because I wanted the 9A.

It's always possible - keep checking. I believe Carnival assigns all cabins six weeks before sailing. Just curious - why do you want to move to a higher deck?

We have family members on the Veranda deck, so it would be nice to be a bit closer to their deck.

I was told that if you took an assigned room then that is your room unless you want to pay more to be upgraded. If you took a guarantee room then you have a chance of being upgraded for no additional costs. The only down side of that is you won't know your room number usually until you check your baggage in at the terminal.

If your room is assigned its rare you will get an upgrade, UNLESS your assigned room is VERY desirable..................guarentee is most likely to upgrade first.

On our last cruise, some people got upgraded from a wrap around, aft. cat 11 suite, to a cat 12 suite. :eek:

12's were NOT selling and carnival knew they could RESALE that wrap around. (i would have been furious if it were me)

ccletzgo-

Would rooms other than a wraparound baclony suite be considered very desirable? We have one of those extra long extended balconies (8E-6232) booked for our August Miracle cruise. I'm worried we may be bumped from our assigned room. I wouldn't mind a 9A or 11 for the extra room inside the stateroom (4 in our cabin) but I would be very upset if they bumped us to move us to a higher deck within the 8 category. We are really looking forward to the balcony and like the deck (Empress) we are currenlty assigned to.

Archived