spirit rooms

cruisinquestions

Hi all. Couple of questions about rooms on Spirit. I thought I read they have inside rooms that over look the atrium. That sounds cool in theory, but would like to have someone's opinion on those rooms if anyone out there has actually stayed in one. Is the glass one way, or is the room simply high enough up that it doesnt matter? Also, does anyone know how the price of that room would compare to an interior room without a 'view'?

And second, when a family of 2 adults, 3 kids get ajoining rooms, are the kids all priced at the kid rate, or do we have to do adult double occ. rate for the first 2 ppl in each room regardless of age?

Last winter on Majesty we put 5 in a room (and NO it was not cramped at all to us, plenty of room + huge savings) But as the kids are a bit older, we're totally ready to spread out. While I understand NCL's need to charge adult rate for each room, I do hope there's some sort of family rate given to those who book ajoining rooms.

Thanks for any and all helpful info

Cqs

The NCL Spirit does not have rooms overlooking the Atrium. I believe the Carnival Spirit does, however.

As for room rates, they charge per person and not by age. So you will be charged full price for the first two kids in the extra room, and the additional-person charge for the third. I suppose if you really wanted to save some money you could book yourself, spouse and one child in one room (paying the discounted 3rd and 4th person rates for two kids instead of just one) and then book the other two kids into the second room. Or, you could find out what the single-person premium rate is and book four of you in one room, and one adult in the other. It might cost less to pay the the single person premium for one adult than to pay the additional full rate for the second child in the second room.

Food for thought...Happy sailing!

I was also wondering if there were cabins overlooking the atrium as these pictures (click on Grand Centrum pix) http://cruises.hotwire.com/c/media.asp?mpg=p&vessel=439&lineid=34 seem to show them and the deck plans would allow it; but I've never seen "atrium cabins" advertised and you could bet they would charge more for them if they existed. Luckily, I'll get to see for myself one week from now!

I was also wondering if there were cabins overlooking the atrium as these pictures (click on Grand Centrum pix) http://cruises.hotwire.com/c/media.asp?mpg=p&vessel=439&lineid=34 seem to show them and the deck plans would allow it; but I've never seen "atrium cabins" advertised and you could bet they would charge more for them if they existed. Luckily, I'll get to see for myself one week from now!

No, there are no atrium view cabins, or I would have been in one on our cruise--we were in cabin 9607, just above the Star Boutique. If you cut a hole in the wall, you could overlook the atrium. But I don't think NCL would be too pleased. ;)

P.S. Terrific ship! I too would take another cruise on the Spirit--no problem. :D

Archived