Question about fare reductions

celticlady

I do a dummy booking on Princess.com, see what the price is for our cabin then cancel the booking. Yesterday it was down $50 so I called Princess and they reduced it. I was thrilled to say the least.

I check at least every other day (OK, everyday and sometimes more than once) I'm VERY excited about this trip. I also check the online TA sites. Don't know if Princess will honor their price but it can't hurt to ask.;)

I do a dummy booking on Princess.com, see what the price is for our cabin then cancel the booking. Yesterday it was down $50 so I called Princess and they reduced it. I was thrilled to say the least.

I check at least every other day (OK, everyday and sometimes more than once) I'm VERY excited about this trip. I also check the online TA sites. Don't know if Princess will honor their price but it can't hurt to ask.;)

No, Princess will not honor TA's pricing of any sort as TA's are allowed to discount Princess pricing. Many times even with the discounts princess gives after booking, we have found that booking through a TA is lower than what princess offers when all is said and done and all their price drops have occured.

I Save the cruise and then check the updated price every so often. Saved quite a bit on our March Ruby cruise, almost $1000 between the two cabins we have booked.

I was wondering when in March are you going? I'm hoping since so many cruises around Feb.,Mar., and Apr. are having price reductions that our March 6th cruise on Ruby will also have a price reduction. Thanks ;)

I looked up our Sep 2011 cruise today by doing a dummy booking on the Princess site and saw that the fare had dropped $321 pp.....let my TA know and she was able to save me an additional $100 pp on top of that for a whopping $842 in savings with just one phone call!

I'm fine if that is the last price reduction we get, but would love a few more!;)

How many price reductions can we ask our TA for? He has already dropped it twice for us, and now I see another significant drop, but I am sheepish to ask again.

My husband is like that too. He says that the TA won't want our business anymore if I keep pestering her. I started to feel funny about it, but then I thought well, she would let me know if it was not something she felt she could do. I do all the initial legwork, and tell her what I find, and then she can let me know if she is able to do it. Besides, I like to think it's people like me who keep her in business!

Like you, bluecat, I do the vast majority of the legwork before I call my TA to book...after that I monitor fares and OBC offers. Since I book a minimum of one and generally two or more trips per year with my TA, I don't think I'm asking too much for them to get me the price adjustments that I've found....and I reward their good service with referrals so it's a win-win situation.

Completely off-topic, I believe our cat is part Russian Blue...she's got the color, but her ears aren't as pointed and she's got a couple of white spots....however, she acts more dog than cat and makes sure that she is part of the family! With such a great personality, I would definitely get another Russian Blue!

Like you, bluecat, I do the vast majority of the legwork before I call my TA to book...after that I monitor fares and OBC offers. Since I book a minimum of one and generally two or more trips per year with my TA, I don't think I'm asking too much for them to get me the price adjustments that I've found....and I reward their good service with referrals so it's a win-win situation.

Completely off-topic, I believe our cat is part Russian Blue...she's got the color, but her ears aren't as pointed and she's got a couple of white spots....however, she acts more dog than cat and makes sure that she is part of the family! With such a great personality, I would definitely get another Russian Blue!

Exactly, Suzski. I've given this TA's name to several people, so that should help her business too.

I lost my Blue a year ago in July. He was a beautiful, wise, wonderful boy. I've never had a cat quite like him.

I never feel bad about contacting my TA. On my last cruise aboard the Carnival Liberty we booked on an Early Saver fare. This fare locks you into the cruise (can't get deposit back) but you can ask for any fare reduction you qualify for up until something like 48 hours before the cruise. We had three cabins. I don't know how many times I contacted her and she adjusted the fares.

Oh, and I saved over $900 total by doing this!

I called Princess Cruise line to find out how much it was for a Suite since I am booked in a Mini-Suite and they told me that my fare had decreased $50.00 a person and would adjust it with a confirmation through e-mail. I am also cruising in March 6th. I checked my e-mail and sure enough, the discount was there.

Thank you for this post! I've been checking a few times a week for a fare drop on the Ruby in March, but haven't done it in a few weeks. I checked due to this post and got a $100 price drop!

When in March are you cruising? We are booked for March 6th. :D

When in March are you cruising? We are booked for March 6th. :D

Sorry, I see you are both booked on the same cruise as I am. I am booked into a AA mini. I don't see a price drop and I have looked several times everyday. Where are you seeing it and how did you get there? Please advise. I greatly appreciate your help, thanks. :confused:

No, Princess will not honor TA's pricing of any sort as TA's are allowed to discount Princess pricing. Many times even with the discounts princess gives after booking, we have found that booking through a TA is lower than what princess offers when all is said and done and all their price drops have occured.

When booking aboard ship we advised Future Cruise Sales that we wanted our booking to be applied to our travel agent's account. He replied that doing so would be wise as our travel agent's price was lower than what Princess was quoting. We e-mailed our agent and processed the cruise purchase at their lower price.

When booking aboard ship we advised Future Cruise Sales that we wanted our booking to be applied to our travel agent's account. He replied that doing so would be wise as our travel agent's price was lower than what Princess was quoting. We e-mailed our agent and processed the cruise purchase at their lower price.

When we do FCCs with or without a booking the onboard sales rep always emails out TA with the information. Once a couple of years ago the Princess rep was even able to tell us our TA was holding a "group booking" that would mean we would get an additional discount.

Archived