What to do before flight home to UK

Kazzykins

Hi

Just planning a back to back on Freedom for January 2011. Would love to hear from anyone who can recommend what you do when you disembark until the time of your flight as I understand there could be many hours to spare? Can you do a quicky sightsee before the flight? Thanks Kaz, Manchester, UK :D

We've also done tours the day of departure when we've had later flights. Last cruise we did the Everglades tour (Miami). There should be tours listed under shore excursions for Port Canaveral. Certainly beats sitting at the airport for hours!

Another option for you is the late disembarkation now on offer.

costs about £25pp and allows you to stay on board with the full ship facilities including lunch .

I am considering this in a couple of weeks time. Whilst it may not be fantastic value the convenience it allows certainly makes up for it.

Are you flying from Orlando? How are you getting back there? (sorry for all the questions!)

In your situation I would do a one way car rental back to Orlando & spend the "spare" hours at Florida mall. We always go there on our way back to the airport for last minute shopping & eating. Of course shopping may not be your thing, so there's always Kennedy Space Centre? I think Royal Caribbean do a combined excursion there & airport transfer.

We have never yet flown home on the day of a cruise, always tag a couple of days on the end, so have no experiences to relate. Sorry.

Archived