underwater camera bags help please!

airlink diva

I have two digital cameras. I want to get info about the underwater camera bags for use on a fuji A500 fine pix.

This is a rather small camera and on my upcoming cruise I have only one snokerling trip and two days of alot of beach time (including one where snokerling from shore is very good).

The pricing is reasonable and I prefer not to purchase a disposable underwater camera nor an expensive digital underwater camera.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences using the underwater camera bags?

P.S. I went back on this board to Jan and only found threads on the cameras only!

I bought the same Dica Pak on Amazon and tested it in Hawaii a few weeks ago in preparation for an upcoming cruise. It worked pretty well. The camera stayed dry and I got some good pictures. However it takes some practice. It's really hard to see what you're shooting while the camera is underwater, in the bag and you're in your snorkel mask. So I just did my best to point in the right direction and hey it's diigital so I can delete away. It doesn't work too well in low light so my sea turtle pics were dark (not the bags fault--it's dark down there). But I got some good pics of fish and coral in more shallow, bright and clear water.

I think it will be really nice to have for some of those "wet" excursions to waterfalls and the like. And at $25 it's worth a try.

Also--the bag is a lot bigger than my camera so it does move around in there, but once you power on your camera and the lens extends it fits into the bag's lens well and stays more stable. I may try to add some padding to keep it more secure within the bag.

I bought the same Dica Pak on Amazon and tested it in Hawaii a few weeks ago in preparation for an upcoming cruise. It worked pretty well. The camera stayed dry and I got some good pictures. However it takes some practice. It's really hard to see what you're shooting while the camera is underwater, in the bag and you're in your snorkel mask. So I just did my best to point in the right direction and hey it's diigital so I can delete away. It doesn't work too well in low light so my sea turtle pics were dark (not the bags fault--it's dark down there). But I got some good pics of fish and coral in more shallow, bright and clear water.

I think it will be really nice to have for some of those "wet" excursions to waterfalls and the like. And at $25 it's worth a try.

Also--the bag is a lot bigger than my camera so it does move around in there, but once you power on your camera and the lens extends it fits into the bag's lens well and stays more stable. I may try to add some padding to keep it more secure within the bag.

This is the info that I need!

Thanks!

Archived