Anyone back from the Miracle new itinerary yet???

celticd1

F22smitty, we also have the golf carts reserved in Grand Turk. Did you get them through Nathan? If so, did you have any trouble finding him when you got off the ship. Was it easy to see the island with the Golf Carts. Also, if you wanted to get off and go in someplace, can you just leave the carts sit for awhile? Let me know about your experience in Grand Turk.

Claudia

We bought cigars at the duty free shop at the pier. if you buy them MAKE sure it has the made in dominican republic stamp on it! at the customs counter at debarkation they wanted to actually look at the packaging and see the receipt for them. i'm glad we had them in our backpack!

Thanks for the tip! I'll be getting some at our stop there. :)

F22smitty, we also have the golf carts reserved in Grand Turk. Did you get them through Nathan? If so, did you have any trouble finding him when you got off the ship. Was it easy to see the island with the Golf Carts. Also, if you wanted to get off and go in someplace, can you just leave the carts sit for awhile? Let me know about your experience in Grand Turk.

Claudia

We got the cart through Nathan. No problems at all. Just walk through the port area to the left and down the road past the guard shack, and there they are. Here's a photo.

IMG_4204.jpg

Look past the orange roof and you'll see the carts. Look at my previous photos and you'll see the orange roof in the port picture.

You can stop and get out anywhere you want. I took the key with me when we got out. It's very safe and you will have a blast. We saw most of the Island in 3 to 4 hours.

IMG_4095.jpg

We got the cart through Nathan. No problems at all. Just walk through the port area to the left and down the road past the guard shack, and there they are. Here's a photo.

IMG_4204.jpg

Look past the orange roof and you'll see the carts. Look at my previous photos and you'll see the orange roof in the port picture.

You can stop and get out anywhere you want. I took the key with me when we got out. It's very safe and you will have a blast. We saw most of the Island in 3 to 4 hours.

IMG_4095.jpg

How was the cave tour in La Romana?

F22SMITTY --- How was the cave tour in La Romana?

The cave's are awesome, but you need to be in decent walking shape. We had one person that had some problems. Lots of steps, down and back up. If you are claustrophobic, you may want to take another tour.

The caves are beautiful. There are no photos allowed in the cave.

The cave's are awesome, but you need to be in decent walking shape. We had one person that had some problems. Lots of steps, down and back up. If you are claustrophobic, you may want to take another tour.

The caves are beautiful.

Thanks. I think my kids will love it.

Embarkation was long. We got to pier at 11:30 and porters were not easy to find but once baggage loaded up we got right in and filled in our infection control form and got on line to check in. The line was long and it took about 40 minutes. This was the longest check in we have every experienced so I guess we are usually lucky. The line did move and people were pretty laid back so the wait wasn't too bad except the air was stifling - fans would have been appreciated.

From my experiences, Ft. Lauderdale is the worst for embarkation! We were on the Freedom last year and arrived at noon. It took us almost 2.5 hours to get on the boat.

From my experiences, Ft. Lauderdale is the worst for embarkation! We were on the Freedom last year and arrived at noon. It took us almost 2.5 hours to get on the boat.

Thats interesting. Our last two cruises were out of Lauderdale and we had no problem. That being said we did arrive at the pier around 10:30. Will make sure we avoid the Noon rush this February.

Thats interesting. Our last two cruises were out of Lauderdale and we had no problem. That being said we did arrive at the pier around 10:30. Will make sure we avoid the Noon rush this February.

A HUGE part of the problem was the drive-up drop-off area in front of the terminal.

We did not intend to get into this line (as we were actually parking at the pier - but we missed the turn into the parking garage) but once we got into this line, there was no way out. The far left lane was supposed to be for through traffic, but obvioulsy everyone ignored it and would stop once they got to the terminal. That probably cost us 30 mins to u-turn it back to the parking garage.

NEVER AGAIN! Well, maybe not never, but definitely we will be there earlier.

we also was on the miracle last week. it was a great cruise and would do it again. but, out of 4 cruises out of ft. lauderdale, this was the worst embarcation we have ever had.:(

it didn't dampen the cruise and we are on the freedom next october. the miracle is great and the crew is top notch!!:)

also, the passengers on this ship was also a-one.:) we met the greatest people from cc and anyone else we came in contact with was like family!!

you will not go wrong with this ship and its new itenerary.

I sailed from Ft Lauderdale in Feb '09 and didn't think even the VIP boarding was very organized. Too bad they don't seem to have improved it.

Most people seem to think Miami has it down pretty good. Carnival needs to do some cross-training!! :cool:

Archived