Weather Question

drana

Hi,

We are thinking of booking a Southern Caribbean cruise for 08/28/2011 to 09/04/2011 on the Victory but we are wondering about hurricanes and such. We read that the hurricane season in the area is from June to November. Has anyone cruised during this time frame? Typically, what is the weather like August/September?

Thanks in advance.

"Excited for a 2nd cruise"

Storms can happen any time of the year but you have a better chance of really big ones during hurricane season. Go with an open mind and be prepared to end up somewhere different than you originally planned. If the port is important, fly. My forecast for your cruise is "hot and dusty with a chance of showers in the afternoon".

I have a cruise booked next September for the Bahamas out of Jacksonville and am hoping for nice weather (i.e. no hurricanes) but I do know that I am taking that chance I could miss my ports. I am going to both Key West and Nassau and since I have been to both already, it won't disappoint me TOO much if they get skipped.

My advice is that if you REALLY would be extremely disappointed if you miss ports or your cruise turns into a 7 day cruise to nowhere, than I would consider booking it at a different time of the year. :)

I alwasy cruise during hurricane season and have ony minor issues. I will continue to do so.

To those that worry about "7-day cruises to nowhere" are certainly exaggerating. At the worse case, a port or two may get cancelled but that is a very, very small percentage and they typically make arrangements for another port in exchange.

It's no big deal and enjoy your cruise. The weather will be warm and great.

Hi,

Has anyone cruised during this time frame?

No one has ever cruised during that time frame. All the ships are tied up for 4-5 months per year. It makes an excellent time for drydocking and maintenance.

(I am not normally "smart" with answers, but did you even think about the question before you asked it?)

No one has ever cruised during that time frame. All the ships are tied up for 4-5 months per year. It makes an excellent time for drydocking and maintenance.

(I am not normally "smart" with answers, but did you even think about the question before you asked it?)

I took that to mean anyone reading her thread. Kind of like if you were sitting at a table for 12 and asked if anyone had ever sailed during peak hurricane season.

I wouldn't take that to mean anyone in the whole wide world :confused:

But as a newbie on this board, I will make sure to not ask questions such as "has anyone bought flowers from Bon Voyage and was it a nice arrangement?" or anything like that in the future.

I took that to mean anyone reading her thread. Kind of like if you were sitting at a table for 12 and asked if anyone had ever sailed during peak hurricane season.

I wouldn't take that to mean anyone in the whole wide world :confused:

But as a newbie on this board, I will make sure to not ask questions such as "has anyone bought flowers from Bon Voyage and was it a nice arrangement?" or anything like that in the future.

Hey neighbor: don't worry about it and ask away.

It's just somettime a lot of us hanging in here get a bit crochety (sp?) from time to time :).

Archived