HAL just announced

m steve

They will be offering a special menu from Le Cirque in NYC in the Pinnacle grill one night on each cruise. They will even change the table ware and decoration to be like the original. It will be $39 and starting in Nov.

Wow! if that's like the old Le Cirque that'll be a bargain and a treat! But I hear their prix fixe menu during Restaurant Week this year was very good. Pistachi Crusted Lamb Chops and Chocolate Fondant with salted carmel ice cream sound mighty tempting. Yummm:)

• 3 weeks later...

I just had this on the Oosterdam, they were testing it out on that ship. I posted the following on the HAL board :)

For the salad and soup you only have one option for each so we enjoyed the Lobster Salad “Le Cirque” and the Sweet Corn Soup. The lobster salad included an entire lobster tail cut lengthwise into two pieces. It was cooked perfectly and was sweet. It came with a few leaves of butter lettuce, green beans, poached potato, avocado slices, a few segments of a blood orange (I believe) and then the plate was dotted with an olive vinaigrette. It was SO GOOD! The soup was really tasty, but it was not the highlight of the meal. That went to the main course. There were three of us so I had the lamb and my tablemates shared the Côte de Boeuf (over 40 oz of a rib eye cut of meat). But basically we all shared the two dishes. Both proteins were cooked PERFECTLY! The Côte de Boeuf was carved tableside, very impressive. The lamb was amazing! It wasn't gamey at all and was seasoned perfectly. All meals came with small plates of mixed veggies and a small plate of potatoes, but I cannot recall the cooking method used on them (I think they were pommes dauphine now that I rack my brain). But they were light and airy, very tasty. None of us ordered the other entrée, Halibut, so I cannot review that. Then for dessert we each had the crème brulee and shared a chocolate soufflé (we had a very kind waitress who gave the three of us four desserts). The crème brulees were great but I ended up preferring the soufflé. In fact it was my favorite chocolate dish of the cruise. And when we had cappuccino there were different treats on the sugar caddy than normal. There were 2 French Macaroons, 2 Madelines, a chocolate dipped candied orange piece, and a pistachio taffy. The cocktail napkins and sugar packets all had the Le Cirque logo on them, I kept one of each as a keepsake J

I do want to add, when you think about a typical dinner at Pinnacle Grill, if you ordered a rib eye steak and also wanted a 6 oz lobster tail then you would have to pay an additional $10 for the lobster tail on top of the $20 initial charge. So when we received an entire lobster tail in our salad, it made the price even easier to understand. So in my eyes the meal was really only $9 more than normal.

Archived