Upsell E-Mail

Payd

Below is the text of an e-mail I got from Carnival. This is new to us. We have gotten upsell phone calls - but never an e-mail.

I called out of curiosity - we could have upgraded from our deck 7 balcony cabin to a deck ten balcony. All for the low price of $40. I like the cabin I booked so we kept it. I thought it would be worth asking about the upsell to a suite. Only $850 ($420-425 per person approx) :eek:

Have others gotten these e-mails?? Any luck - better deals?

We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current stateroom to a higher deck. For $40 per stateroom*, you can enjoy easier and more convenient access to all the spaces and places you love most on the ship - including the pool and Lido deck, Spa Carnival, the Promenade, and much more. It's just another way Carnival is making sure you have the best cruise vacation possible.

Upgrades are limited.

Call (866) 236-6665 EXT. 751 today!

to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer.

Request fare code M6C

Below is the text of an e-mail I got from Carnival. This is new to us. We have gotten upsell phone calls - but never an e-mail.

I called out of curiosity - we could have upgraded from our deck 7 balcony cabin to a deck ten balcony. All for the low price of $40. I like the cabin I booked so we kept it. I thought it would be worth asking about the upsell to a suite. Only $850 ($420-425 per person approx) :eek:

Have others gotten these e-mails?? Any luck - better deals?

We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current stateroom to a higher deck. For $40 per stateroom*, you can enjoy easier and more convenient access to all the spaces and places you love most on the ship - including the pool and Lido deck, Spa Carnival, the Promenade, and much more. It's just another way Carnival is making sure you have the best cruise vacation possible.

Upgrades are limited.

Call (866) 236-6665 *** today!

to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer.

Request fare code ***

ALSO, if you can, you may want to edit the EXT., as well as the fare code. The mod's may get you.

Looks like some of you have had access to better upsells.

Ours was $40 per cabin to upgrade from an 8B cabin (that I booked specifically) to an 8E. The new cabin would have been on deck 10 rather than deck 7.

Obviously to go from interior or porthole or obstructed it would be worthwhile. I didn't think the offer was good enough for us. And $850 to go to a suite:eek::eek::eek:

ALSO, if you can, you may want to edit the EXT., as well as the fare code. The mod's may get you.

Thanks for the tip - you are right. Too late to edit - but I will try to remember next time.

I haven't gotten any of the upsell calls or emails :( but I have been watching my cruise prices like a hawk! Just this past week I was able to upgrade from a 4J inside obstructed view to an 8D balcony for $40. Then the next day prices went nuts again and was able to go from the 8D to 8M extended aft-view for another $10.

I thought $50 total to go from an inside cabin to an aft view was a pretty good deal?!?!?!??! Hopefully!

I haven't gotten any of the upsell calls or emails :( but I have been watching my cruise prices like a hawk! Just this past week I was able to upgrade from a 4J inside obstructed view to an 8D balcony for $40. Then the next day prices went nuts again and was able to go from the 8D to 8M extended aft-view for another $10.

I thought $50 total to go from an inside cabin to an aft view was a pretty good deal?!?!?!??! Hopefully!

Great deal. I would have gone for it too!

I got an upsell offer, but I really wanted the cabin that I booked over 6 months ago, so I ignored it. $50 to got from my "inside" cabin, but I've got my porthole cabin. I like my porthole cabin!

I got an upsell offer, but I really wanted the cabin that I booked over 6 months ago, so I ignored it. $50 to got from my "inside" cabin, but I've got my porthole cabin. I like my porthole cabin!

I really REALLY wanted the PT I booked 8 months ago. It would've been my 1st PT, and I so wanted it.....UNTIL I got the upsell email to go to a OV room right smack in the middle of the ship. I took the offer for $50. The funny thing is, basically my whole family is going on this trip, and my Aunt booked the exact PT room I initially booked, the day after I upgraded. So I can visit. The sad part is when I booked that PT room, I paid $274, and she paid $489.

I really REALLY wanted the PT I booked 8 months ago. It would've been my 1st PT, and I so wanted it.....UNTIL I got the upsell email to go to a OV room right smack in the middle of the ship. I took the offer for $50. The funny thing is, basically my whole family is going on this trip, and my Aunt booked the exact PT room I initially booked, the day after I upgraded. So I can visit. The sad part is when I booked that PT room, I paid $274, and she paid $489.

Precisely why Carnival does the upsells.

Way more $$.

I got one of those this week too!! We had an 8A cabin on Upper deck of Valor, but took the upgrade to a 8E for only $40! So now we have a beautiful balcony on Lido deck where we are closer to everything. Hubby jumped right on that when I told him we would be on the same level as the buffett!!!

Archived