Lindos: Access it via public transportation or rental car

DanaJW

Seven of us will be docked in Rhodes from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. We are thinking of heading to Lindos and I am trying to figure out if it's easier/better for us to rent a car or take public transportation to Lindos. I have read that there is a nice beach area, Faliraki, on the way back from Lindos, so that may help us decide to rent a car. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 2 months later...
Seven of us will be docked in Rhodes from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. We are thinking of heading to Lindos and I am trying to figure out if it's easier/better for us to rent a car or take public transportation to Lindos. I have read that there is a nice beach area, Faliraki, on the way back from Lindos, so that may help us decide to rent a car. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello DanaJW - don't know if you're still in planning stages for this trip or if you're already back,but, would appreciate your feedback: have you found a rental car co. in Rhodes or did you take (or planning to take) public bus to Lindos? how was the drive? easy roads/driving? thanks for your comments.

Hello theampres,

We are still in the planning stages of this trip, which will occur in June 2011. As of now, I think two members of our group will take a cab to Lindos. The rest of us plan to walk around Rhodes, then head to the beach. Of course I'm still open to suggestions if anyone has some! :)

Dana

There is a good public bus service between Rhodos and Lindos, and you are not travelling in the off-season either. The bus station was always located on the other side of town when coming from the port, but it has been a while since I was there. Since you are with 7 people, renting a minivan or taxi might be a good idea. It is some way to Lindos though. There are good beaches in Rhodos town (on the tip) and near Lindos too. The whole coast to the west of Rhodos town towards the airport has many beach resort towns geared towards European tourists, there is no need to go to Faliraki just for that. Faliraki is also very touristy and has nothing to do with the real Greece.

Archived