Upgrade question

Leanne3c

It depends on the ship. If they have a cabin available you will pay the difference between whatever you paid for your inside cabin and the current price for the balcony cabin is. Whatever deal you get will depend on how sold out the ship is.

Our Oasis cruise two weeks ago had no upgrades available, the ship was totally sold out.

IIf I wanted to try and upgrade an internal room for a balcony at the peir, would I get a deal from Royal? or just pay the difference between the room and have and the room they could offer me???

The days of the upgrade deals at check in are pretty much over. For years now the standard sign reads "The ship is full and no cabin upgrades are available." I imagine that is save time because so many people were asking and taking up time. I also think they have dealt with all of the good upgrade opportunities in the weeks before sailing by rewarding Diamond + and other cruisers with the phone call we all would love to get.

IIf I wanted to try and upgrade an internal room for a balcony at the peir, would I get a deal from Royal? or just pay the difference between the room and have and the room they could offer me???

In other words, if you would not be happy in an interior cabin, and really would prefer a balcony cabin, book it now. As others have said, pier upgrades seem to be a thing of the past.

Thinking back, the last great pier upgrade that we took advantage of, was in 2003! Then, for awhile at the beginning of last year, as D+ we were given a couple of great upgrades. It was the only time with Royal Caribbean that we purposely booked balconies, knowing that we would at least get a GS, and as it turned out, got OS's.

Now, we are back to paying the full fare, for what we want.

If you know for a fact that there are some outsides or balconies left, check with the Guest Services desk on day 2 to see if they will work anything out with you.

It seems that the pier supervisor is so busy with other work (watch the Oasis program on TLC, turnaround day) that, even if there were cabins available, you would not get one.

Rick

I saw that special on Oasis on TLC at 2am. I could not stay up for the whole thing but I thought "ok, now I know who to go to for an upgrade"

I guess I was wrong! I booked a Balcony cabin and when the opportunity

to get a JS for a discount I went for it. There are lot of Grand Suites left

but we are a month out and its possible they will be booked or offered

to Diamond plus. I would love to get a GS but its $1000 more and thats

too rich for my blood! I have never been in a JS and I am sure I will

be happy.

I hope they repeat that special at a normal hour! I am glad i now know

about the no upgrades at the pier now. You have what you have and

if you do not like you better change it before you cruise because it is

what it is, Good advice.

Archived