Princess: Champagne Catamaran vs. St. John Eco Hike

KurtMo

Sailing on Caribbean Princess in late May; I am considering the Champagne Catamaran vs. the St. John's Eco Hike for our St. Thomas port call, so if you have comparisons I would love to hear them!

On same trip for our St. Maarten port call, we are looking for recommendation/experience on either the Golden Eagle out-island sail or the Hidden Forest Hike excursions.

Thanks,

Kurt

Anitainwa,

DW & I have been on catamarans before in Hawaii and always enjoyed them. My wife recalls a rather rough ferry passage to St. John once previously. How was your experience with the Golden Eagle -- smmoth sailing or rough ride?

Thanks,

Kurt

I have been on the Golden Eagle in St Maarten and we had a blast. The snorkeling is better in St Thomas/St Johns though.

The champagne catamaran tour was fine not as much fun as Golden Eagle and a bit misleading as the only champagne we received was in the last 10 minutes as we were just about back to shore. Also they did not serve any alcohol until after sailing. This next time I am spending the extra $25 and going on the all day tour with High Pockets. I think it will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived