Internet Access and Charges

eaglescout77

My wife and I will be cruising to the Caribbeans on the 13th of November and I just wanted to ask all of the experienced cruisers out there for your advice about internet access and what the charges would be.

I will need to have access to the internet for short brief intervals and would like to know if I should bring my laptop or use the computers available on the ship? How does Celebrity charge for the internet service. Are there prepaid packages or can you pay as you go? If I bring my own laptop, is the connection free? How reliable is the connection while in the Southern Caribbeans?

As always..........THANKS!

There is a current thread re internet and wifi. Here is the thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277507

Most here will say service is much slower than you have at home ( I agree) and quite costly when you count in all the waiting time. Some prefer to bring along their lap/netbooks and head to a site off the ship for faster and much cheaper use. Just ask a staff member where THEY go and you'll be good to go.

Some, if just sending emails, do all the composing off line, saving and just going on line to send it. Saves time.

There's costs listed on the link above.

Archived