Is there really room?

Lessum

I booked a balcony stateroom on the Carnial Legend for January. I know it has the king size bed. Our PVP told us there is a "single" sleeper sofa which is great for our 4.5yo. If you open that up though into a bed, is there really room for a pack n' play too for our 15mo?

I was just looking at the pics/virtual tour of the room and it looks like there won't be any room...

Thanks

We stayed in a balcony room on the Legend with our kids. When you open the sofa into a bed there's not a lot of room. But, the pack n play will fit in somewhere at the foot of the bed. It'll make getting up to go to the bathroom interesting. But, the steward will put away the sofa bed and fold up the pack n play during the day.

Or, you could leave the sofa unopened, and just let the toddler sleep on it as it is....that would preserve some floor space!

Excellent idea!

Does your 4.5 yo move a lot while sleeping? If so, you could still use this option by bringing toddler bed rails, ours fold flat and can travel pretty easily. and could clamp onto the sofa cushion.

Yes she does move around a bit. I am concerned about putting the crib at the end of the bed since it's so close to the balcony doors....and we will be in and out of there. I have heard some say they turned the couch around so it faces the wall...maybe that will be an option. Guess we will have to wait and see....

I know it's going to be tight....ugh....just couldn't afford anything bigger...

Thanks!

We stayed on the Triumph with a 2 year old and 6 month old. The steward actually made up the couch into a bed and made it into a sidecar to the bed, and then the pack n play was behind that. It worked out great and everyone was happy and comfy with plenty of room. The pack n play was set up all week for naps throughout the day, etc.

Yes, we have done it quite a few times. The couch does not fold out into a bed, the cushions are removed and it is a twin mattress bottom soto speak. The pack and pay fits nicely next to it or across from it against the wall. Its defintely a tighter squeeze with the pack n play but still room to move around. Both my kids actually climbed into the pack n play to play with toys a few times last sailing.

Silly question - but is a p&p just a playpen?

I was wondering the same thing about there being enough room with a crib or ?, whatever Carnival supplies. I am planning a 12 night cruise as a surprise for my bil, his wife and a 2 year old. This will be 1st time with a toddler. I am looking at a balcony cabin (they always do balcony), but worry that it will be way to small to get around. Can you really see a 2 year old sleeping on the fold out couch and not worrying all night about her climbing/falling out?

Thanks in advance for the advice and help....:)

Yes a pack n' play is like a playpen. The old style playpens were square and pack n' plays are usually more rectangular. Personally, my 4.5 yo slept in a crib until she was 3 so I wouldn't put a 2 yo on the sleeper sofa. Ours is a wild sleeper....

Archived