Red October/ Denrus

GRSN

How long does it take for a representative to contact you about making plans? I e-mailed both of these agencies almost a week ago and haven't heard from either. Also, do most people try to find others to tour with or does the agency organize the groups? Has anyone done private tours? We are travelling on the Westerdam round-trip from Copenhagen on June 20th, 2005. Any help would be appreciated.

Gail

I found with both agencies to get back to me fairly quickly (within 48 hours). Here's a hint...I found that if I sent an email on Day 1 and didn't hear anything by Day 3, then I resent the email...I would then get a reply within 24 hours to teh 2nd email! I think that sometimes the emails from the USA don't always make it over to USSR.

We're working with Olga from RO and she's a doll! She's been really helpful thus far!!

Can't wait to go!!!

Hi,

We will be on the Star June 14th sailing. We are also interested in Red October/Denrus trip. If anyone has a group going we would be interested in joining. Let us know what you have planned. My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary on this sailing.

Thanks for all the replys. I re- sent the e-mails and received responses from both. Now I have to read their info. Has anyone used the RO agency in the US? They responded with an automatic e-mail saying that they are closed this week. Does anyone have an opinion on RO's service in the US vs. Russia?

Is it easier to book in the US?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Gail

Thanks for all the replys. I re- sent the e-mails and received responses from both. Now I have to read their info. Has anyone used the RO agency in the US? They responded with an automatic e-mail saying that they are closed this week. Does anyone have an opinion on RO's service in the US vs. Russia?

Is it easier to book in the US?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Gail

Because of the time difference, it is easier to talk with someone in the US than in Russia. I have e-mailed both Olga and Ilya with DenRus, and by the time I checked my e-mail in the morning, they were gone for the day (10-hour time difference). That has been frustrating. I usually hear from Mike at Red October US the same day. (I have never e-mailed Red October in Russia). I'm still making up my mind, but I know we'll have a great tour whether we go with Red October or DenRus.

Because of the time difference, it is easier to talk with someone in the US than in Russia. I have e-mailed both Olga and Ilya with DenRus, and by the time I checked my e-mail in the morning, they were gone for the day (10-hour time difference). That has been frustrating. I usually hear from Mike at Red October US the same day. (I have never e-mailed Red October in Russia). I'm still making up my mind, but I know we'll have a great tour whether we go with Red October or DenRus.

Nancy...

Yes the time difference can be frustrating, but I've had a lot of opportunity and gotten great responses from both Ilya of Denrus and Olga of RO while trying to make our decisions. We finally decided on RO and Olga has been very receptive and responsive to our questions and emails since we've been trying to determine itinerary modifications.

Good luck to you!

Does anyone have an opinion on RO's service in the US vs. Russia?

Gail

I had much better reponse from Red October in Russia as compared with Red October USA. (Red October USA was not very helpful at all and refused to help us form a group as well as failed to offer great information that both Red October Russia and Denrus offered.) Olga at Red October was very good, but Denrus was even better, and we're going with them. Just FYI--Denrus is much more flexible if you want to do add-ons such as the Gold Room and the canal cruises.

Hope you have a great trip,

Donna

Archived