First time cruise with toddler (nervous Mom)

Vasik

Hi All!

We will be going on our first cruise WITH our toddler in November. We have been on a cruises before but without our precious 2.5 year old daughter. We will be going on NCL Gem – 7 days Bahamas & Florida. I try not to be a helicopter parent but I am a little bit nervous. I spent so much time choosing my daughter's preschool, so my question is how safe Kid's Crew is, especially for 2.5 year old? Have any one here been on NCL Gem's Kid's Crew recently? My daughter is VERY energetic and active, her verbal skills are OK for her age and she is also potty trained. From the pictures Kid's Crew looks like lots of fun and I don't want her to miss all that because of my fear. I would really appreciate if anyone could share their experience (good or bad ones).

Also, if anyone could recommend fun shore excursions for 2.5 year old in Orlando (Port Canaveral), Nassau Bahamas I would really appreciate.

Thanks!

It's safe..they do thouroughly check the kid's club employees. So far, I've not heard of any bad things happening to any child...so deal with your fears, and let your child have a bit of fun!

Cruiselines would be sued within an inch of their lives if they didn't take care of the passengers most precious possessions....their kids!

No worries!

Our daughter is 4 now & has cruised 3 times with us since she was 2. I was very nervous the first time with her too; but everything worked out great. We always travel with a portable dvd player & her favorite movies & toys to also help entertain her. Have fun!

I traveled on NCL with my almost 3 yo DD and we both had a blast! I was afraid that she wouldn't want to participate in the kids club but we went to the first night open house and she basically wanted to move in. I actually had to beg her to eat dinner with us.

Not only is the kids club great but so many of the crew just fawned over her. Many of the crew are parents and they are away from their kids for 6 months or more. I think they just enjoy giving extra attention to the kids.

Don't be nervous; you will all have a great time.

I work in child protection so I am overly cautious and we have sailed often with both kids, DD age 5 is going on her 11th cruise and DS age 2 is going on his 5th. We have used babysitting and camps many times and have never felt anything but secure. You will be reassured once you meet them. Go by your gut instinct. Have a great cruise.

We sailed NCL last year with a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old. The first morning they spent an hour in Kids Club. After that, I figured they wouldn't want to go back. But after lunch, they were asking to go back. By the third day, they were asking why they couldn't have breakfast with the kids instead of with us. For my own piece of mind, I checked on them frequently. Also, get a pager. They are usually only for kids that aren't potty trained but sometimes they have extras. I agree with the gut check thing. If you don't get a good feeling, keep your kids with you. We were fortunate that our kids loved kids club and the staff was amazing.

Archived