Your wine experience at NY embarkation

Shelli

I'd like to hear from anyone who brought wine in a magnum size (that's the 1.5 L bottle) upon embarkation in NY. How much of a corkage fee were you charged? I realize the official NCL stance is to charge $30 per magnum... but were you charged that or the traditional $15? Thanks!

No magnums for us, but a few weeks ago when we embarked in NY, we brought two bottles of champagne and a 375 ml bottle of Sauternes in our carryons, on top where they would be very visible and accessible, and fully intended and expected to pay the corkage. But the security folks just whisked our bags thru the xray machines, and a table with a sign that said something like "alcohol check in" had absolutely no NCL staff to be found anywhere. So we boarded with our wine, expecting to pay the corkage when we brought a bottle to dinner without a sticker, but our server took the bottle, put it in an ice bucket, opened the bottle and poured the champagne for us throughout our meal.

I'd like to hear from anyone who brought wine in a magnum size (that's the 1.5 L bottle) upon embarkation in NY. How much of a corkage fee were you charged? I realize the official NCL stance is to charge $30 per magnum... but were you charged that or the traditional $15? Thanks!

We were charged $15 corkage on each 1.5 L bottle. I think it depends on what kind of mood the corkage person is in. That day he was in a very good mood and joked with us about our cabin being the party cabin! We had all the bottles (4) in a bag so they would see them right away as they went thru Xray. They seemed to like that.:)

we sailed on the Gem twice from NYC fully intending to pay the corkage fee. The first time we got there really early and when they saw the bottles the security person called over a supervisor and showed him... he looked around and found no one from NCL and told me it was our lucky day and to just board with the wine. The ones that we brought to dinner we paid the corkage fee. The second time we got there late and the security line was hugh! We were in a suite so the woman at the end of the line brought us up to the front... our bags got scanned (wine clearly visible) and not a word was said to us... never paid the corkage fee as we drank it in our room... we bought wine at dinner so NCL still made their $$ on us...

Archived