Golden princess to hawaii 11/10/10

KINGSFAN1

My wife and I are sailing 11/10 on the Golden Princess-for Hawaii. We would love to have some feedback on the last two trips. We are really looking forward to the trip.We have been on two Carnival eight day cruises to the Mexican Riviera and one eight day Mexican Riviera cruise with NCL. First time with Princess. We are on the Aloha deck- balcony stateroom- near midship. Thanks for anything you have to say.

:)

Just got back from the Golden a few weeks ago. Love the Piazza and the International Cafe. You can look on Princess site to see it. The new Hawaiin culture program they have is great (didn't have it 5 years ago when we went). You can take Hula, yukeleili (no idea how to spell that). Lei making classes and Dave & Leialoha are great (I hope they will be on the voyage with you). Their singing is wonderful and they head up most of the classes mentioned above. Be prepared for a rough day first day at sea. If you need something for seasickness that's the day you'll most likely need it. It wasn't too bad, but I take something whether I need it or not. The weather in Hawaii was gorgeous. The first few days out at sea might be cooler and a little overcast, but don't get discouraged, brighter, warmer weather is on it's way. Dave Cole was our cruise director and he keeps lots of activities going and the entertainment in all the venues was great.

I found these after I returned, you might like to get some:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

If you read these boards regularly there's been a lot of discussion about the new luggage tags. Personally, I don't know why you'd want to use tape or have them laminated when these will work over and over, but to each his own.

Any particular questions you have, maybe I can answer (if my memory kicks in :)).

Just returned from the 10-13 sailing..we had rough seas for 2 days out.weather cool..then it warmed...return trip was cool all the way with clouds and it did rain one whole day..hawaii was great..still very warm..

AC did not work in our cabin nor did the toilet for one day..Ac was repaired on day 8..

It was also very warm in the dining room. men in formal wear were very uncomfortable and the waiters were dripping..our waiter even brought cool.

wet towels to the table.

I was not impressed with the food but that is subjective so I will not say it was bad. The food at the buffet was only lukewarm at best.

Even so, it was a great cruise...

Thanks Hersheykiss and sasha'smom for your replies.

I guess we are used to the rough seas, we had 20' seas on one of our Mexican Riviera cruises due to a hurricane that was nearby.I got a little seasick and took some Dramimine and everthing was ok for the rest of the cruise, lol, didn't bother my wife at all, some passengers couldn't stand up without hanging on,but she was riding the exercise bike in the gym.

I have the ear patches this time and I will use them.

I can sympathize with hersheykiss, man I hope the AC is working when we go, she must be a very positive person to not say it was a bad cruise.

On the other hand sasha's mom it looks like you had a very good time.

guess it's the luck of the draw.

Just returned from the 10-13 sailing..we had rough seas for 2 days out.weather cool..then it warmed...return trip was cool all the way with clouds and it did rain one whole day..hawaii was great..still very warm..

AC did not work in our cabin nor did the toilet for one day..Ac was repaired on day 8..

It was also very warm in the dining room. men in formal wear were very uncomfortable and the waiters were dripping..our waiter even brought cool.

wet towels to the table.

I was not impressed with the food but that is subjective so I will not say it was bad. The food at the buffet was only lukewarm at best.

Even so, it was a great cruise...

Actually I complained about the temperature of the food to my husband as well. When I got the survey after we returned I told them their food needs to be hotter. I hope you told them as well. They take our opinions very seriously.

Be prepared for a rough day first day at sea. If you need something for seasickness that's the day you'll most likely need it. It wasn't too bad, but I take something whether I need it or not.

Was that front to back or side to side??? one makes me sicker than the other one!

It was side to side, but it wasn't just a rolling motion sometimes it was more of a jolting motion this time. We are from California, and I kept thinking we were having an earthquake. I even kidded a few times it felt like we must have hit a whale.

Fortunately I didn't get sick, but I always start the Bonine the night before we sail and just stay on it. Some of our cruise critic members were pretty sick though. Maybe taking all these cruises has helped my sea legs? I guess I'll just have to keep taking them to keep up the resistance I've built:D

My wife and I are sailing 11/10 on the Golden Princess-for Hawaii. We would love to have some feedback on the last two trips. We are really looking forward to the trip.We have been on two Carnival eight day cruises to the Mexican Riviera and one eight day Mexican Riviera cruise with NCL. First time with Princess. We are on the Aloha deck- balcony stateroom- near midship. Thanks for anything you have to say.

:)

If you wouldn't mind, can you let us know, when you return, how the seas were and how the cruise went? I know a lot of people are really interested in this cruise... We will be embarking as you disembark... Have a great cruise!

It was side to side' date=' but it wasn't just a rolling motion sometimes it was more of a jolting motion this time. We are from California, and I kept thinking we were having an earthquake. I even kidded a few times it felt like we must have hit a whale.

Fortunately I didn't get sick, but I always start the Bonine the night before we sail and just stay on it. Some of our cruise critic members were pretty sick though. Maybe taking all these cruises has helped my sea legs? I guess I'll just have to keep taking them to keep up the resistance I've built:D[/quote']

Thanks Sasha's mom.... It sounds as if I can handle that!!!! I love the bonine as well I alway get drousy and non drousy that way if the ship really gets me scared I take the drousy one and go to sleep! 6 more days before we leave yippee.

Hi Sasha's mom & Careg

What is the difference between Bonine and Transderm ear patches?

Where do you get Bonine? You need a prescription for the Transderm. I have used Dramimine in the past and it was available at the pursors desk on Carnival. I have the Transderm, just wondering about options.

Hi Sasha's mom & Careg

What is the difference between Bonine and Transderm ear patches?

Where do you get Bonine? You need a prescription for the Transderm. I have used Dramimine in the past and it was available at the pursors desk on Carnival. I have the Transderm, just wondering about options.

Bonine works like dramamine but doesn't make you sleepy.

Bonine is an over the counter, non-prescription chewable tablet available at most stores that carry medicines. I have found it immensely helpful.

After one cruise that was particularly "rockin' and rolling" was over, I felt like I had the flu. I was too sick to get myself to the doctor. On a lark, I took a Bonine. Within 20 minutes I was fine. Turns out I was "land sick". Lasted for 3 days.

The Transderm ear patches can have side effects. My husband used them for a couple of cruises, and they affected his vision to the point that it was hard for him to read anything. I know that does not happen to everyone, but it is one thing to watch out for. And, they didn't work as well as Bonine. We have used Bonine for years, as our DD got car sick as a child. It always works for all our family when needed, and my husband has even been advised by his doctor to take it if needed when taking a medication that caused nausia.

You can find it under that name, and also just called Travel Sickness medicine or other things like that. Be sure to start it the night before your cruise for best effect. If you wait until you are sick it takes longer to take effect and make you feel better.

Enjoy Hawaii! We always do.

Actually I complained about the temperature of the food to my husband as well. When I got the survey after we returned I told them their food needs to be hotter. I hope you told them as well. They take our opinions very seriously.

That is my one pet peeve as well. I like my hot food hot.....

Bob

Archived