Camp Carnival questions

maabell4

I just read a post on the main Carnival board and it triggered some questions.

Do you have to pre-arrange the after hours (after 10 pm) care for Camp Carnival? Do you pay cash for the after hours care or does it get charged to the sail and sign card?

We never pre-arranged it... we just showed up at 10pm with 2 kids in tow and signed them in :)

(now that we are about to sail on RCI, I'm now realising how much better Carnival is for this - I should have stuck with them!)

Payment goes on the Sail and Sign card, and we always tipped well on the last day as the staff - in our experience - were really involved and fantastic.

There is a sign-up board outside of the camp to pre-arrange each day but you can just show up with them if you like, they just like to keep count so they have enough counselors on hand. It is charged directly to sail and sign so no cash accepted. We do tip in cash on the last day of the cruise. We usually tip $40-50 for 3-5 day or $50-100 for 7-10 day depending on how long my DD goes to camp.

Ours didn't have any pre-arrangement method. Our kids were already there for dinner and after-dinner activities. Usually the teachers would ask us if our kids planned to stay for after 10pm parties. But we always checked with our kids at 9:45 to make sure they still wanted to stay. Otherwise we would have just taken them out. The charges go on your sail and sign account. I think it charges in 15 minute increments because we usually picked up at 11:45 and it was always $17.50 for our 2 kids, instead of $20.

Archived