Will island escape be ready

brummie 223

I was told yesterday by my travel agent that the Island Escape will be in dry dock until February so you should be fine for March. Unlike myself and my husband who are meant to be sailing on the 6th December and only got told this morning that will have to change ship.

yes really hoping it will be ready by march, as we too are booked on 18th march.....havnt cruised since 2008 but really looking forward to it

That is really a bummer.:(...i take it you will be on the spirit then,have to say we really enjoyed the spirit, although that was many years ago (it got us the taste in cruising) and we ended up going with Royal Caribbean for 3 more but fancied going back to an english based cruise again as enjoyed the entertainment on the spirit so much more than RCI (even if the ship is much older and smaller )........my worry was that if IE is not ready by march there will be no spare ship ,so to speak ,to transfer us to:confused: as think they are all in action by then....

Phoned Thomsons today to query about my booking. I was told the IE will be sailing in Jan they have not heard otherwise. If there are any changes to my booking they will inform me by letter.Not caring what boat i'm on as long as there is a boat in Las Palmas port on the 8th of Jan.

Phoned Thomsons today to query about my booking. I was told the IE will be sailing in Jan they have not heard otherwise. If there are any changes to my booking they will inform me by letter.Not caring what boat i'm on as long as there is a boat in Las Palmas port on the 8th of Jan.

That is very strange ... and wrong I am afraid. Hubby & I are booked on the Jan. 14th sailing. We have called Thomson twice, the latest of which was today. They are on the verge of starting the process of making the rebookings for January sailings, but not quite yet. They hope to have letters out sometime in the coming week. The lady said that they had 20 odd different versions of this now infamous letter. You wont be able to do anything until you have this 'golden ticket' in hand. I'm guessing that each version relates to a different week of sailing.

Like you, I am very happy that the dates, flights and itinerary remain the same but I will relax more once I know where they have have placed us and I have something in writing.

Now how crazy is that :confused: you would think that they would at least give people straight and correct answers , as they must know that the IE will still be in drydock :(

mrs.c

Now how crazy is that :confused: you would think that they would at least give people straight and correct answers , as they must know that the IE will still be in drydock :(

mrs.c

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing comes to mind.

Archived