Drinking Bon Voyage drink on deck

tootuff4u2

Yeah they definitely don't mind.

One thing we noted on our last cruise, though, is that we forgot to bring flasks for transporting our liquor around the ship. If you don't want to go traipsing back to your room every time you want to mix a drink it's really convenient to have a flask or a small bottle that you can keep in a pocket so you can get a soda or something and mix yourself a drink on the go.

Some awesome people that we knew from CC gave DH and I empty 5 Hour Energy bottles on the 2nd or 3rd night and we used those for the rest of the week. They worked great! :D

DH and I sometimes noticed that we would get "dirty looks" from some of the servers when we brought in our own (legal) drinks. They would walk by us as if to serve us, look at our drinks which were made in our room and not necessarily in a serving glass they would use, and make a face or even comment (ooh, we don't serve like that, or some other comment). We heard comments several times on our last cruise, and it really was starting to bother me when we were not doing anything wrong.

Screw em. The servers (waiters/waitresses) probably get rated on the number of drinks they serve. So, I could see a little disconcern when they view a table of customers with full drinks.

But, hey, whether bought from bon-voyage or from another bar it's your option to drink it wherever you want. I wouldn't give a hoot from any assumed glance from a worker onboard. Enjoy!

I have received some of those comments when DH and I brought our BV drinks to the pool. Those comments are uncalled for and at first I felt "wrong", then I got over it! We paid dearly for those purchases. After that when something snarky is said, I simply smile, hold my glass up highly and nicely say "Bon Voyage" purchase.

No worries, I always had gin and tonics either in glasses from the room or my water bottle on deck, never any problems. Have certainly seen bubba kegs, SOLO cups, etc around. But really, you can go to the bar and get an glasses you like. Just ask. They'll give you rocks glasses, wine glasses, they'll even give you martini glasses if you ask for them.

If you are a rum drinker, I highly suggest filling up a couple of water bottles (or other vessels) with the Pineapple-Orange-Guava juice they have at breakfast. It goes great with coconut rum, or regular rum for that matter.

We forgot to do that one day and ended up having to mix with lemonade for evening drinks, that wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the P-O-G juice

Where do you buy these bon voyage drinks? I've not heard of this (at least in these terms) Does anyone know how sneaky I have to be to bring a small bottle of rum with me? I think I would like the Pineapple-Orange-guava juice with rum. Sounds yummy!

If you are a rum drinker, I highly suggest filling up a couple of water bottles (or other vessels) with the Pineapple-Orange-Guava juice they have at breakfast. It goes great with coconut rum, or regular rum for that matter.

We forgot to do that one day and ended up having to mix with lemonade for evening drinks, that wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the P-O-G juice

This is what I always do with my tequila-yum :D

I have received some of those comments when DH and I brought our BV drinks to the pool. Those comments are uncalled for and at first I felt "wrong", then I got over it! We paid dearly for those purchases. After that when something snarky is said, I simply smile, hold my glass up highly and nicely say "Bon Voyage" purchase.

First of all, I would probably either have ignored them or said "go to h***" but at least you took the high road :).

People could care less about your drinks so don't worry. I always take a water bottle for ice tea and lemonade on deck so typically just make my drink in that. To me a bubba keg is a bit too large.

Archived