Childrens menu?

marie1971

We cruise in 2 weeks on Navigator. Pop over to the "Family Cruising Board" and search on children's menus. I have seen a few of them posted!

What type of dining do you have? The children's program opens the second night at 7pm. We have MTD and on our 3rd night we will take our son to dine at the Windjammer...then to the children's program at 7pm. We then have reservations at Chops. Not till 8pm! We wanted earlier but they were already booked up online almost 2 months ahead of time!

There is a children's menu. It's mostly things that would appeal to younger children -- my 10, 11 and 12 year olds would much prefer to order off of the regular menu, but there's no age limit, anyone who wants mac n cheese and chicken nuggets can order if from the kiddie menu.

As far as you and dh eating in the specialty restaurants without the kids, that's easy, too. It might be awkward for them to be in the Main Dining Room without you (you can gauge haw they interact with your tablemates once on board), but you could take them beforehand (or send them during, if they're ready to exhibit proper behavior on their own) to the Windjammer (or Johnny Rockets might be THEIR idea of specialty dining that night). There also may be a night where dining in the Windjammer with Adventure Ocean may be an option, but you'd have to wait until on board for details, so booking the restaurant before boarding wouldn't be an option with that plan.

Are you considering letting them go to the mdr alone to dine while you go to chops? I'm just trying to make sure I'm understanding...

Either way you have to ask yourself if your children are comfortable eating without you either in the Windjammer or MDR...will they be able to order their own food, will they behave properly, etc? With their ages I'd be more comfortable letting them eat in the Windjammer alone versus the dining room. I kind of feel like you'd be asking your tablemates to watch your kids for you, which isn't right to do.

The answer is yes, but as a parent of a 10 year old, I couldn't imagine sending her off to the MDR room alone while my hubby and I head off to Chops. Why not take them out to eat first? And then take them to Adventure Ocean? Or make your Chops reservations for a night that they have a kids dinner at Adventure Ocean (at least 2 nights on the cruise).

This is the children's menu(below). But feeding your children first or making other arrangements for the kids dinner would be a better option then sending two children into the dining room by themselves.

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all your replies (only just found them....i'm a bit new too all this!) Defiantly wasn't going to send the kids to dine alone in any dining room, I was more thinking about getting room service for them and then while they were at adventure ocean we could hopefully have a relaxed meal!

Room service would be a great option, and kids LOVE getting room service. If you have a child that has MDR taste you can go and order it to go but it would be kinda rude to others at your table. Go with room service, let them order it on the TV and make it fun. By the way room service is free too.

BonVoyage

Dawna

The answer is yes, but as a parent of a 10 year old, I couldn't imagine sending her off to the MDR room alone while my hubby and I head off to Chops. Why not take them out to eat first? And then take them to Adventure Ocean? Or make your Chops reservations for a night that they have a kids dinner at Adventure Ocean (at least 2 nights on the cruise).

This is the children's menu(below). But feeding your children first or making other arrangements for the kids dinner would be a better option then sending two children into the dining room by themselves.

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

Is this the current kid's menu and is it fleet wide? It has a lot more variety than the kids menu we had last April on the EOS. Love it!

If I remember correctly, on my last seven-night cruise, they had Adventure Dining on the 2nd, 5th, and 6th nights. Parents signed up our child(ren) in the morning (there is limited space). Parents took their kid(s) to Adventure Ocean at 6:00, where the staff would take them to a dining venue (Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, or Solarium) for dinner, and then back to Adventure Ocean for the evening activities. My shy DD has participated in Adventure Dining twice, and she enjoyed it both times.

See this thread for more details.

Our experience is that when Adventure ocean take the kids to dinner they do not get to choose from all that is on offer. Our kids love Windjammer and enjoy all of the more adult type food, but were restricted when they went with the club. I fully undertsnad they can't have 10s of kids wanderring round all of the buffet, and have no problem with what they do, but for that reason they prefer to go themselves or come with us.

I think once the kids see what is on the menu in the MDR they won't want to eat from the kid menu. Our 10 and 12 year old sons thinks they are in gastro heaven on a cruise!

Archived