Carnival Glory

SugarStar00

Hello, I will be booking a week on the Glory for March 2011 and i've never cruised Carnival before. I did a search, but didnt come up with much, I was wondering if people who've sailed this or a similar ship could give me some highlights on whats fun to do,or freebies to take advantage of? You know, little tips and tricks or secrets? Like on Princess they had coffee cards, free pastry's at a special little dessert bar, chef's table sign up, etc. Things that arent blatently advertised but shouldnt be missed. Also any rooms to avoid? Thanks for any and all advice!!

Jen

My DH and I were on her 10 dec 09, really dont know secrets. We were on the riviera deck midship with ocean view. Everyone was great, all the crew was fantastic, food was excellent. We were in the auction and my DH went to do something and when he came back he said someone just one 98 thousnd dollars on the dollar slots. I saw it that was something to see. He had to wait to have some one come on board and verify the machine. Then someone right behind him won 10 thousand. What a day for winnings.

The pizzas are excellent. I ordered room service, the coffee was a little bit better than from the lido deck. Just go and have fun she is a great ship, I would not hestiate to sail on her again. Jo

Don't miss going to Fish & Chips.

I *think* this is the current menu

All dishes come with French Fried Potatoes and Marinated Vegetables

Cold Seafood Appetizers and Salads

Cured Tenderloin of Ahi Tuna

• Served with Watermelon

Cajun Barbecued Octopus Salad

Ceviche

• Marinated Tiger Shrimp and Red Snapper with Peppers, Lime, and Coconut

Hot Main Dishes with Seafood

Crisp Fried Oysters

Cider Batter Fried Fish Fillets

Calamari Zucchini Maui Onion Fritters

Bouillabaisse a la Carnival

• Steamed Mussels, Gulf Shrimp, Clams, and Fillet of Red Snapper. Served in Tomato and Pesto broth with Garlic Bread.

Sauces

Tartar - Mayonnaise - Sweet Chili - English Mustard

Lot's of people miss out on Tea which is normally on sea days. I started going alone because my husband wouldn't have dreamed of going to tea! Now I've got him hooked on it too! Great pastries and savory treats that you don't get any other time!

• 2 months later...

My wife and i our also going on the 20th of March cruise. were on the empress deck interior. As far as freebies go im not aware of any we have been on a couple of cruises on Carnival and they have been really great lots of fun and plenty of things to do, Hope to see you soon

Archived