Anyone try Talk of the Town (lolo)?

pikabu

I'm thinking of taking the bus to Grand Case to try this out, I heard the food was incredibly delicious (and cheap!). Has anyone here tried it out?

I'd take the bus from Marigot to Grand Case, but does anyone know exactly where these lolo's are from the bus stop? Is it a far walk?

Thanks,

pikabu

I'm thinking of taking the bus to Grand Case to try this out, I heard the food was incredibly delicious (and cheap!). Has anyone here tried it out?

I'd take the bus from Marigot to Grand Case, but does anyone know exactly where these lolo's are from the bus stop? Is it a far walk?

Thanks,

pikabu

The driver will know where to stop. They're on the oceanside across from the parking area in Grand Case, before you get to the bridge. I don't think you can go wrong with Talk of the Town or Sky's the Limit...just which ever looks good to you. And don't forget G's Snacks across the street from Restuarant du Soleil for dessert and ice cream.

Thanks,

pikabu

We've eaten at several of the lolo's in Grand Case,

th_DSCN5504.jpg

(click)

including TOTT, but we've decided that Germain's is our favorite. $1 Red Stripes and great food. We've had ribs, chicken, Mahi-Mahi and (my favorite) Shrimp Creole.

th_DSCN5338.jpg

I don't know if the bus would venture into the center of Grand Case or not, but even if the 'bus stop' were on the main road passing by, it would be about 600 yards max to the lolo's. Two football fields.

gary

We've eaten there a couple of times. It was....ahhhh....alright. Nothing great. The consensus on travel talks SXM forum is that the quality has gone down somewhat over the years.

We ate there twice during our week stay in Sept '09.

But the food and beer is inexpensive so it was a good value.

Here's a few pics of the LOLO's in Grand Case

2021036520076150085S425x425Q85.jpg

2207762020076150085S425x425Q85.jpg

2972804510076150085S425x425Q85.jpg

2684616340076150085S425x425Q85.jpg

2251659020076150085S425x425Q85.jpg

<snip>We've eaten at several of the lolo's in Grand

I don't know if the bus would venture into the center of Grand Case or not, but even if the 'bus stop' were on the main road passing by, it would be about 600 yards max to the lolo's. Two football fields.

The football fields thing is wrong, the 600 yards is correct, or two thousand feet or .38 miles. Didn't do a good job of editing while choosing units.

gary

Alton Brown visited Cheryl's Rib Shack (shown in mdrobtx's photo) in episode 2 of "Feasting on Waves" that occasionally reruns on Food Network.

Cheryl's has a better view but we prefer the food at TOTT. Be sure to get a Johnny cake and the fried plantains...

We have tried both Talk of the Town and Sky's the Limit and enjoyed them both. I don't know where the bus stop is, but Grand Case is so small that I can't imagine it would be a far walk (less than half mile?) from wherever they would drop you.

Alton Brown visited Cheryl's Rib Shack (shown in mdrobtx's photo) in episode 2 of "Feasting on Waves" that occasionally reruns on Food Network.

Cheryl's has a better view but we prefer the food at TOTT. Be sure to get a Johnny cake and the fried plantains...

Yeah, and the stuffed christophenes were really good.

I guess it was just the BBQ that was just fair.

I remember sitting at TOTT and mentioning to my friends that if I brought my smoker from TEXAS and started selling chicken and ribs, TTOT and the rest would be out of biz.:p:D

Ohhhh fun! I'll be there on the 20th for a week. Didn't make it to Grand Case during the day last year (just at night for dinner). Did anyone happen to notice if there was anything vegetarian or would it be not worth going if you're a non meat eater?

Thanks!

Laura

Archived