Why on earth......

BeccaBecca1713

...do they not have potato chips at the deli counter???? We can order a sandwich from room service and it comes with chips. We go to the actual deli counter in the Lido Buffet to get a sandwich and ......no chips!! Nothin' tastes better with a ham and cheese sammie with chips!

I have been on several cruises and this has always boggled my mind. I just sailed last week and plan to ask this when I hopefully get my email feedback form. Just curious if there is some reason.

That deli is only so big- imagine adding more stuff like chips- then there are other people who prefer popcorn, or pretzels, or hot peppers. or pickles.

(btw- I do not think I ever saw them on the buffet either. Room service or buy them is the only way

The issue might be with serving them. Let's face it if they put a bowl of chips out for you to take some with your sandwich some one would come along and grab a handfull...........do you want to know where that hand has been before it touched the chips? :eek: Small indv. bags would make sense but do you only offer them with a sandwich, can you only have one and on and on............best way to solve it all not serve them at all in the Deli. All your room service food is prepared by crew wearing gloves.

I agree and have wondered about this as well. I wonder if it's because of the humidity which gets into the buffet area. The only thing worse than no chips is stale chips:eek: The small bags would do the trick, but is more expensive:cool:

I'm still sad that they took the salsa away at breakfast...that was good with the omelettes!:p

I agree and have wondered about this as well. I wonder if it's because of the humidity which gets into the buffet area. The only thing worse than no chips is stale chips:eek: The small bags would do the trick, but is more expensive:cool:

I'm still sad that they took the salsa away at breakfast...that was good with the omelettes!:p

I was just on the Legend last week and every morning they had salsa and little sides of sour cream. Don't give up on it just yet!!:)

...do they not have potato chips at the deli counter???? We can order a sandwich from room service and it comes with chips. We go to the actual deli counter in the Lido Buffet to get a sandwich and ......no chips!! Nothin' tastes better with a ham and cheese sammie with chips!

I have been on several cruises and this has always boggled my mind. I just sailed last week and plan to ask this when I hopefully get my email feedback form. Just curious if there is some reason.

No chips at the deli counter but you can get them at the Burrito Place...at least thats how it was on the Splendor in May.

Had salsa on the Ecstasy first week of Oct. But it wasn't at the omelett station it was with the jams & Jellies you self served in one of the little white cups.

No chips at the deli counter but you can get them at the Burrito Place...at least thats how it was on the Splendor in May.

I think that's the "wrong" type of chip OP was wanting regular potato chips. But I LOVE the chips you can get on the Buffet with the cheese and salsa on the side! Just wish they would put them all together always seems like there's other items in between them! Or the Salsa is first than the cheese and chips are last!

Had salsa on the Ecstasy first week of Oct. But it wasn't at the omelett station it was with the jams & Jellies you self served in one of the little white cups.

Ditto re: location on Legend.

This is AWESOME! I looked there on the Legend in Oct and then the Miracle in May, but there was none to be found. Sounds like they brought it back! YAY!!! Thanks to you both! I will be partaking next week!;):D

Nothing like a grilled cheese sandwich with crushed potato chips - hey, do they have grilled cheese sandwiches - I can't remember.

Or a nice rare thin sliced roast beef on rye with tomato, mayo, pepper and potato chips in place of lettuce:D

Archived