Use of go-go scooter on beach

sherX2

Please forgive me if this as already been addressed but I could not find much info when searching.

Have any of you used your go-go scooter on the beach at Coco Cay? Hubs

really likes being in control of his movement. We are going to try and make this trip with just the go-go and leave the manual chair at home.

He will not be getting wet...just wants to spend some time on the beach with something cold to drink.

I know they "might" have a beach chair available but he does not like how they sit and he has to be pushed around.

Also would be interested in hearing more info on visiting the Aquarium at Atlantis with a go-go.

Thanks !:)

Of course you can take it near the pool. Unless you plan on driving it IN the pool or splash area. I've driven my GoGo in the rain, albeit with the motor and battery and controls covered in plastic.

OP, you absolutely cannot take a scooter on the beach. There's not enough traction to get you through soft sand, plus if sand gets into the motor, it will seize up on you and not work at all. Very bad idea.

Of course you can take it near the pool. Unless you plan on driving it IN the pool or splash area. I've driven my GoGo in the rain, albeit with the motor and battery and controls covered in plastic.

OP, you absolutely cannot take a scooter on the beach. There's not enough traction to get you through soft sand, plus if sand gets into the motor, it will seize up on you and not work at all. Very bad idea.

Another thing not to attempt to drive a scooter or electric chaiir over is gravel or small rocks. You will get stuck!! Believe me, I learned the hard way and had to wait for 2 gentlemen to get me out.

Joanie

I wondered about the gravel situation. Was planning to take my go go to Chankanaub but the pathways seem to be rocky instead of paved. Anyone tried it?

We had no probems with the paths there. We did use the beach wheelchair on the beach. Hubs said it was not very comfortable. It was hard to push.

I was unable to push it but our son had no problem.

Thanks for the info. I thought I had read that the paths at RCI's private island had solid walkways with some sand on them so we were hoping it might be workable if we just stayed on the walkways.

Went to Atlantis with scooter and manual w/c. Totally doable, just ask for elevators. employees were very helpful, paths nice and wide and smooth. even managed to get our group of 10 in only 1 van! Lets just say we all know each other MUCH better now :eek:

Please forgive me if this as already been addressed but I could not find much info when searching.

Have any of you used your go-go scooter on the beach at Coco Cay? Hubs

really likes being in control of his movement. We are going to try and make this trip with just the go-go and leave the manual chair at home.

He will not be getting wet...just wants to spend some time on the beach with something cold to drink.

I know they "might" have a beach chair available but he does not like how they sit and he has to be pushed around.

Also would be interested in hearing more info on visiting the Aquarium at Atlantis with a go-go.

Thanks !:)

I believe Coco Cay is a tender port and I don't think you can take scooters on the tender.

Archived