Carnival Tour Belize

Anjanu

We went on this tour in May 2010 and loved it. The guides were great and since we booked through Carnival, we were tendered off the boat in time to catch our tour and would have been waited on if we would have run late. There was really nothing to complain about, great guide, great scenery and lots of wildlife along the river.

I've gone to Altun Ha, but we didn't use Carnival.

We used Island Marketing and the price we paid was $42 each.

We are cruising this year on Carnival, and I was pricing out tours with them and found them to be significantly more than Island Marketing.

Here is the link for the $42 tour...

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/AltunHa.htm

Carnival wants $80 per person for the same tour.

You might want to search more before you book with Carnival cause i'm pretty sure you can find tours for much less than what they are selling theirs for.

• 3 weeks later...

Anjanu,

Have you heard or found any more about this tour. We are headed down on Legend leaving Dec. 19th. I really like the idea of this tour and had seen the one through the ship, but this is significantly less money!!

Do you know if it's the company that Carnival (cruise line) uses. The wording in the tour description on the ship is the same as on Carnival Tour Company.

Hhhmmm sounds good. Post if you hear anything one way or the other please.

Thanks,

Lake Powell

Anjanu,

Have you heard or found any more about this tour. We are headed down on Legend leaving Dec. 19th. I really like the idea of this tour and had seen the one through the ship, but this is significantly less money!!

Do you know if it's the company that Carnival (cruise line) uses. The wording in the tour description on the ship is the same as on Carnival Tour Company.

Hhhmmm sounds good. Post if you hear anything one way or the other please.

Thanks,

Lake Powell

Lake, I haven't heard anything more about them but after talking and corresponding with them on several occasions, I did go ahead and book the tour with them. I like the idea of not being herded around like cattle.

They use to be contracted through the Carnival cruise line but have since become independent of Carnival.

When we return on the 18th and once I get home, I write here to let you know how it went. I know that's pretty late but that's the best I can offer right now.

Carnival Cruise Lines does not use Carnival Tours Belize according to the guide we had back in September. I would still highly recommend the Tours through them and the Altun Ha & River Wallace was the tour we went on.

I posted a review a couple months ago. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26174113&postcount=15

Enjoy!!

Carnival Cruise Lines does not use Carnival Tours Belize according to the guide we had back in September. I would still highly recommend the Tours through them and the Altun Ha & River Wallace was the tour we went on.

I posted a review a couple months ago. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26174113&postcount=15

Enjoy!!

Thanks! Your post and review makes me feel better even though I had already booked this tour! Can't wait!

Anjanu,

How did you originally contact them? I tried through the live chat....it said they were offline, I left the message 4 days ago and havent gotten any reply. Just wondered if you had better luck another way.

Thanks for your info.

Lake Powell

Anjanu,

How did you originally contact them? I tried through the live chat....it said they were offline, I left the message 4 days ago and havent gotten any reply. Just wondered if you had better luck another way.

Thanks for your info.

Lake Powell

Lake,

I wouldn't count on the live chat at all. Whenever I e-mailed them, they were very good to respond that evening or the next day. When I was ready to actually book the tour, I requested a call back and they phoned me the next business day. You can request a call back on their website.

Good luck.

Do you remember if you paid in full up front? It appears that is required. I am trying to get in touch to find out their refund policy.

I did pay in full up front. This is their refund policy.

Please notify us if you need to cancel or reschedule. In the case of rescheduling your reservation for tour services, all deposits and payments will be honoured. No refunds will be made for cancellations within 72 hour of tour date. Cancellations prior to 72 hours of tour date will incur a $10 cancellation fee.

In the unlikely event that a particular cruise ship cannot visit the port of Belize for any reason whatsoever, a full refund will be made.

If we cancel any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.

I did pay in full up front. This is their refund policy.

Please notify us if you need to cancel or reschedule. In the case of rescheduling your reservation for tour services, all deposits and payments will be honoured. No refunds will be made for cancellations within 72 hour of tour date. Cancellations prior to 72 hours of tour date will incur a $10 cancellation fee.

In the unlikely event that a particular cruise ship cannot visit the port of Belize for any reason whatsoever, a full refund will be made.

If we cancel any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.

Thank you!

Thank you Anjanu,

I will try that route. I appreciate your time on this.

You will be leaving soon!!

We are getting excited, leaving next friday!!

Lake Powell

I'm very excited! Although it seems like you'll have much better weather than we will. As long as it's not raining and freezing, and I'm on a ship with DOD's I'll be fine! LOL

I'll wave at you when we're debarking and you're embarking!

Sheryl

• 4 months later...

Archived