Spencer Ambrose and Family are Okay

kitkatnc

I just finished Instant Messaging Spencer. He and his family are fine. He says there is a lot of cleanup to be done but that the government is working very fast to get all they can done as soon as possible. He indicated that depending on the road conditions at the time, some tours may be Sea based instead of land based (we aren't there until the 24th).

I thought you all would want to know that he is ok (and that is the most important thing).

We were supposed to tour with him on Tuesday. I received an email today that said we wouldn't be able to go to the volcano, waterfall, gardens, Jalousie beach, etc. However, he could possibly do a water-based tour to view the Pitons if we were interested. We decided to just spend our day in Castries w/a little shopping and perhaps a little beach time around there - and a donation to the Red Cross. I know we'll be back to St. Lucia, we love the Caribbean - and when we get back there, we'll be sure to book Spencer for a tour. I feel so bad about what happened to their island, and I'm glad he and his family are okay! We were really looking forward to our tour, but I know there will be another time, another day.....

I also heard back from Spencer to tell us that he and his family are safe. He said "Already I have lost some tours, but God is in control and all is not lost. Hopefully by the 1st, I will be able to do your tour. We are receiving our first cruise ship on Sunday, 7th Nov. so for sure yours will be received. The important thing is to keep in touch especially just before you set sail. Right now the roads are impassable and Soufriere can only be accessed by sea."

Cindy

I also heard back from Spencer to tell us that he and his family are safe. He said "Already I have lost some tours, but God is in control and all is not lost. Hopefully by the 1st, I will be able to do your tour. We are receiving our first cruise ship on Sunday, 7th Nov. so for sure yours will be received. The important thing is to keep in touch especially just before you set sail. Right now the roads are impassable and Soufriere can only be accessed by sea."

Cindy

Thanks for the update. I'm on your cruise, and had also booked Spencer; glad to know he's ok. Hopefully things will be improved by the time we set sail.

Jen

• 1 month later...

We met Spencer and his lovely family on Christmas Day. His wife and the girls joined him for our Land & Sea tour that day. The girls actually said the hurricane was an adventure for them, but were saddened by the damage and loss of life on other parts of the island.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived