Voyager of the Seas - is deck 10, front of ship bad?

WET193

My family is doing a Western Caribbean with my bff who has never been on a cruise before. We wanted connecting balcony cabins, and the only ones available were at the front of the ship. Is this a bad place to be on deck 10? There are also cabins next to each other on deck 7 aft, but not connecting. Which would be a better place to be?

TIA

I would rather be aft then forward-especially that high up.

--

what you see available is NOT everything that is left. Most cruiselines will only list forward or aft--rarely showing midship cabins. Call an agent to see what else is available.

Even if the cabins are not connecting- get rooms next to each other but make sure the balcony divider can be opened.

On all the cruises we have been on, except our first, we always had a forward cabin and never had a problem. In fact we find that there is less foot traffic in the hallways when your cabin is at the front of the ship. We have our first AFT cabin on our upcoming cruise so I am looking forward to comparing the two.

If you are not prone to motion sickness (just in case there are rough seas) I can't see any reason why you shouldn't try these forward cabins.

Even if the cabins are not connecting- get rooms next to each other but make sure the balcony divider can be opened.

We were on the Voyager, on deck 9, forward. No issues whatsoever with motion. FYI.. the balcony dividers on Voyager cannot be opened.

Just be prepared to walk a lot if your destination is aft. We enjoyed the walk after dinner... walked off some of those extra calories!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is our first cruise on Royal, seventh overall. We are on deck 10 aft. Can anyone prepare me for any problems?

Which ship? If voyager or freedom class, the buffet will be right above you so it might wake you in the morning.

Even very forward will entail lots of walking....pick the deck closest to where you think you'll spend most of your time...makes using the stairs easier, and it's faster!

We love deck 10---only 1 easy flight to and from the pool!

Which ship? If voyager or freedom class, the buffet will be right above you so it might wake you in the morning.

(Quoting and correcting myself).

Oops. (1) You did say "Voyage of the Seas" in the title, and (2) you said deck 10 front. I was thinking aft.

Now with deck 10 front of ship, you will likely have the gym directly above you. I would think this might get a little noisy. I'd go for deck 7, so you have cabins above and below you.

We've got cabin 1270 in a couple of weeks and I'm concerned that there is an overhang from above over the cabin. Anyone any idea about this cabin.

I have heard from this site that deck 10 would have better service with regards to rooms etc because they put all the best room attendants on that deck because it has most suites etc.

I have heard from this site that deck 10 would have better service with regards to rooms etc because they put all the best room attendants on that deck because it has most suites etc.

(I never heard that one before-

Room stewards have X amount of cabins to clean twice daily.

All cabins are serviced twice a day- what other service is there??

There are suites on other decks too

(I never heard that one before-

Room stewards have X amount of cabins to clean twice daily.

All cabins are serviced twice a day- what other service is there??

There are suites on other decks too

Don't know what other services but it just said on here somewhere they put their best staff where the suites are.

Archived