Newbie Parking at NO

lbfs12

Anyone used these guys before?

http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com

It sounds like a great deal, especially since they will take us to the hotel the day before and come back and get us before the cruise. I guess my main questions are,

1) Is it safe and reliable?

2) Is parking a flat rate or is it taxed? (Trying to decide how much cash to carry)

Thanks!

I haven't used, but know people who have. They are legit, but personally I would just park at the port for $2 a day more and take an elevator to check-in instead of a shuttle bus. The port will also accept credit cards or cash for parking.

I think it includes tax, but you can call or email them.

Anyway, they do exist and are legit.

$14 a day, wow!!!

Have you considered a hotel with parking?? I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn Superdome and Drury. I love Drury, one $35 fee for my stay next month. (the also have free happy hour, and food at night free and a good breakfast)

Holiday Inn I got a $99 deal last May that included parking during the cruise.

I would pick a hotel that has parking ... I would not pay $14 a day in addition to the cost of the hotel unless you got a steal on parking.

I have used these people before and will use them again in December. This time I am staying in the Drury in Baton Rouge the night before for $76 plus I think $9 tax.

The Drury in New Orleans was over $150 for the night not including the $30ish for parking and the $15 each way for taxi.

Last summer(2009) I did a $99 including free cruise parking at the Drury in NO but perhaps those days are gone.

For my cruise leaving 10/30 this year I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard with a stay and cruise deal that included parking during the cruise for $129($147 including the tax). In addition I had to pay $14(for 2) each way plus tip) for taxi to and from the port.

As I said, this Dec. I am staying at the Drury in Baton Rouge for $86 and planning on having the little man at Machu Pitchu or however you spell it keep our car. It is covered and in case of bad weather will be protected.

He will take us to the pier and you just call him when getting back and will be there in 5 minutes to pick you up. We were very happy with him.

The first time we parked at the cruise parking garage and had to wait forever to just get in. My DH went crazy.

We have used them before and will be with them again in about 3 weeks. Excellent service! If you do the hotel deal, drop off vehicle, deliver you to hotel, pick you up and deliver to terminal and then pickup and return to you vehicle it is $120. You park your vehicle indoors and keep the keys. When they took us to the cruise terminal, we were dropped off right at the porters.

Upon return we called when we cleared customs. We self disembarked and from the time we stepped off the ship, it was a total of 20 minutes to clear customs and were driving our vehicle headed home. Would never consider doing anything else in NO. :D

Archived