Help deciding

sprout76

Hello all!!

My DH and I were planning a land based vacation to Australia in November 2011. We were going to concentrate our stay around the Sydney area. Since we both love cruising we're seriously considering doing a cruise instead. I figure this way we can see more than just around the Sydney area and still get some relaxation. However I'm now trying to figure out which cruise to do. There is an 11 day cruise on the Rhapsody that is RT from Sydney and does Queensland or do we do look at the Aus/NZ cruises? We still plan to do a couple days either pre or post cruise in Sydney, but not sure if we want to focus on Aus or if we want to see more of NZ.

We're very athletic and adventurous so we're up for anything really.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

We had the same dilema and in the end decided on 4 nights in Sydney before the 14 Hal Volendam cruise around new Zealand. It also docks at Melbourne and Tasmania so we get to see a little more of Australia as well. Most of the travelling happens at night with the days spent in port once you reach New Zealand. We figured it would give us a taste of those countries and when we had more time we could do the land tours.

We are also staying 2 nights in Auckland then flying to Tahiti for four days which will break up the journey back to the USA.

I am sure whatever you decide you will have a great time!

Thanks Tania and Woodley!

That helps. I think if we're going to fly half way around the world we definitely want to enjoy as much as we can without running all over the place. I think that a cruise is definitely the way to go. I think a NZ/AUS cruise would be the best...either on Radiance of the Seas or Celebrity Century. Although the Century would put us in Sydney on Christmas Eve, but we would also have a stop in Melbourne.

Whichever we choose I know we're going to LOVE it!!

We have just booked the Celebrity cruise for Dec. 2011 that ends on Christmas eve we are also taking our son who is in Med. school just outside of Sydney. It is a great time to go as all ports will be open before the holidays. We are then going to spend some time up at the GBR. and a few days in Sydney to see the sights and his Uni.

Hi Trend!

That is the cruise we're leaning towards. We'll probably stay in Sydney for two nights post cruise. Would LOVE to get up to GBR, but I don't think we'll have enough time to do that. That is great that you'll get to spend the holidays with your son. Hopefully we'll see you on board!

Archived