Deliziosa

TRIXON

;)There don't seem to be many comments about the Deliziosa.

Are we the only ones on this site that have booked a cruise on this ship.

We are new to Costa and therefore wondering what we have in store.

Many people seem to give very good reviews about the other ships but as yet we have to hear about Deliziosa.

Maggie :)

;)There don't seem to be many comments about the Deliziosa.

Are we the only ones on this site that have booked a cruise on this ship.

We are new to Costa and therefore wondering what we have in store.

Many people seem to give very good reviews about the other ships but as yet we have to hear about Deliziosa.

Hi Maggie

We are not long back from our 3 cruises back to back on theDeliziosa,we really enjoyed it. The ship was fabulous, the crew excellent, the food was great, the entertainment was OK, the ports where GREAT.

Is there anything in particular that you would like to know, I am happy to try & help out.

Cheers

D

Hi Maggie

We are not long back from our 3 cruises back to back on theDeliziosa,we really enjoyed it. The ship was fabulous, the crew excellent, the food was great, the entertainment was OK, the ports where GREAT.

Is there anything in particular that you would like to know, I am happy to try & help out.

Cheers

D

Hello D,

Nothing in particular. It just seems weird that there arn't many comments about the Deliziosa when we hear so very much about the other ships.

Which deck were you on?? What type of cabin?

Do you have any tips or suggestions about the ship??

Did you do any Costa excursions or did you do your own thing??

Did you do any of the drinks packages??

Thank you for your interest.

Maggie

Hello D,

Nothing in particular. It just seems weird that there arn't many comments about the Deliziosa when we hear so very much about the other ships.

Which deck were you on?? What type of cabin?

Do you have any tips or suggestions about the ship??

Did you do any Costa excursions or did you do your own thing??

Did you do any of the drinks packages??

Thank you for your interest.

Maggie

Hi Maggie

We where on deck 6 and had a balcony cabin about midship. The cabin was very comfortable, plenty of room for the 4 of us.

The ship was beautiful, even though it was full there was always somewhere quiet to sit and have a cocktail - the cocktails in the Vanilla Bar where the best. If you like to get out in the fresh air you are able to walk around the entire ship on deck three. Get to know you english speaking host or hostess, they normally try to organise english speaking activities while on board.

We did both ship organised tours and our own thing in port, but you just need to do a bit of research before hand. The ship tours while they can be a bit pricey where well organised and well worth the money.

We had the X1 drinks package and that worked well for us as we like to drink wine in the evening, and the kids could drink as much soft drink as they wanted at meal times. There is fruit juice that is availabe at breakfast at N/Charge and there is tea & coffe always available on the Lido deck.

As I said we did 3 cruises back to back 24 nights in all, and I must say it was very hard to say goodbye.

Our first 7 nights was in Norway sailing out of Copenhagen we visited Flamm (super fabuolus), Hellisuylt & Geiranger (incorrect spelling - out of this world tour), Bergen (beautiful), Stavanger (beautiful) & Oslo (great)

we did our own thing in Oslo but looking back we should have done a tour.

Our next 7 nights was in the Baltics again out of Copenhagen we visited St Petersburg (Amazing), Tallin (Picture Perfect) we did our own thing in Tallin, Helsinki (great) like Oslo wh should have done a tour, Stockholm (beautiful)

Our final 10 nights was the Deliziosa going back to Italy for the first time since she was launched all the crew where very excited.

We sailed out of Copenhagen again and visited Dover (fantastic)we did our own tour of Dover castle, LeHarve we visited the landing beaches this was an awsome tour, 3 ports in spain and 1 in Portugal all fabulous.

We had done this same crusie with Costa last year but it was still great.

Cheers

D

Hello D

Thank you for taking the time to give me your views on the ship. We are not visiting the same ports of call as you, we are doing the 18 night cruise from Savona to Dubais but your comments were most helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - we are going on the Deliziosa on Dec 1st - Heathrow to Nice then catching the boat at Savona - to Dubai.

I am trying to find out if we are going to another port instead of Aden - we received a letter saying we will be “at sea” instead - but I do hope they might call in at Aquba - but we will have to see. I am following the Luminosa at the moment via its webcam to see if it calls in to another port - as its doing the same itinerary as ours.

We tried this particular cruise on the Europa in Feb when it crashed into the dock at Sharm - we were flown home early - we never got to sail thru Suez so we booked it again.

This ship is a newer one so I think it might be very swish!!!!

I doubt we will book another Costa cruise after this - but never the less we are looking forward to it!:)

Take care C

Hi - we are going on the Deliziosa on Dec 1st - Heathrow to Nice then catching the boat at Savona - to Dubai.

I am trying to find out if we are going to another port instead of Aden - we received a letter saying we will be “at sea” instead - but I do hope they might call in at Aquba - but we will have to see. I am following the Luminosa at the moment via its webcam to see if it calls in to another port - as its doing the same itinerary as ours.

We tried this particular cruise on the Europa in Feb when it crashed into the dock at Sharm - we were flown home early - we never got to sail thru Suez so we booked it again.

This ship is a newer one so I think it might be very swish!!!!

I doubt we will book another Costa cruise after this - but never the less we are looking forward to it!:)

Take care C

We fly from Heathrow direct to Milan. Then coach to Savona.

As yet we have had no notification from our TA about the cancelled stop off at Yemen. On Costa site they are now showing 4 days at sea.

We will see. We too have only booked with Costa for the Suez bit and of course Dubai.

Doubt we will use them again. Their Website is terrible. Information is very sparce.

Maggie :rolleyes:

Archived