Carnival Tours Belize

Anjanu

I hope it's okay to ask about this tour group. This is not a Carnival ships tour. I've been on the Belize boards and have inquired about this tour group but haven't had any feedback at all.

I am interested in booking a tour with them with my family of 5 in December. If you've done a tour with them, please could you let me know if you were happy and satisfied with them.

If this post is inappropriate, I apologize in advance.

Thanks!

It wouls help if you posted the name of the tour guide.

It wouls help if you posted the name of the tour guide.

The name of the company is Carnival Tours Belize. The specific tour is the Altun Ha Mayan Site/River Wallace tour. This is not a ships tour. This is the name of the company in Belize that gives the tours.

The name of the company is Carnival Tours Belize. The specific tour is the Altun Ha Mayan Site/River Wallace tour. This is not a ships tour. This is the name of the company in Belize that gives the tours.

Very strange name but have not heard of it.

Suggest you go to the port of call pages and look there and if nothing on it post your question there.

I did book that tour a few years ago through Carnival. Maybe the same vendor they use now, but they could have changed, I really don't know. I can tell you I loved this tour, and I rarely book through Carnival. I would do it again. We went in Feb, and it was extremely hot, so be prepared! But well worth it, lots of fun. We had dolphins swimming right next to our boat, saw monkeys, manatees noses sticking out of the water, and lots of other animals. We stopped at a small area where you could buy food and trinkets, and then hopped on a bus to the ruins. Great tour there! And I think I slept the bus ride home!!!

My wife and I were on the Legend in april of this year and booked with them. We were very pleased with them and will book with them again. One thing to remember is they are not a us company so if you use your credit card to book with them there may be an extra charge for prosessing. not very much , but worth it. If you have any more questions feel free to send me a private message.

Bob & Raquel

As someone who books all excursions outside of carnival, the only thing that worries me with belize is that everything is so far away from port AND the weather is unpredictable. Both trips to belize they stopped tenders or they were late starting due to weather. If you book outside of carnival and have to pay in advance, I would check your cancelation policy with them in case you are delayed or cant make it.

We booked the ATV and cavetubing with cave-tubing.com (hopefully we are allowed to make reference) the nice thing was we didnt pay until completed with the excursion. We were late but they were able to shuttle us to catch up with the tour bus. GREAT service!!! The year prior we missed it completly and were not out any money!

As someone who books all excursions outside of carnival, the only thing that worries me with belize is that everything is so far away from port AND the weather is unpredictable. Both trips to belize they stopped tenders or they were late starting due to weather. If you book outside of carnival and have to pay in advance, I would check your cancelation policy with them in case you are delayed or cant make it.

We booked the ATV and cavetubing with cave-tubing.com (hopefully we are allowed to make reference) the nice thing was we didnt pay until completed with the excursion. We were late but they were able to shuttle us to catch up with the tour bus. GREAT service!!! The year prior we missed it completly and were not out any money!

We have used cave-tubing.com as well and had a wonderful experience....

We did that same tour on the Valor in 07, but booked through the ship so I can't give any specific info about that particular tour company. BUT I will definitely echo what gobucks_43228 said because that tour is several hours long and takes you far away from the ship. It seems like it would be pretty easy to get delayed, there's a lot that could go wrong. Isn't that always the case, though? ;)

On that same trip we were about two hours late leaving Belize because one of the Carnival (as in "booked through the ship" Carnival) tours was delayed. I don't think it was weather-related, I think it had to do with their vehicle.

Altun Ha/River Wallace is a pretty cool tour, though. You get to see all kinds of wildlife and the ruins are interesting. Definitely take sunscreen if you do it. :)

Any reason you don't want to do this thru the ship? I always book independent excursions however my 1st time in Belize I booked the Lamanai tour thru belizecruiseexcursions.com - and almost missed the ship!!! Very nerve-wracking (esp after having written to them and been in contact with their VP who ASSURED me this would not happen).

So next time in Belize the booked the Altun Ha/River Wallace trip thru the ship - yes it was more expensive but at least I had the peace of mind knowing we would not be left behind - and you guessed it - bus got a flat tire and we were slightly delayed - but no change of the ship leaving.

the price of the tour with your chosen independent is $65 and thru Carnival I believe's it's around $80? I would certainly pay the extra $15!

The tour by the way was excellent - we had a great guide Gus and really enjoyed our day (check out my Valor review in link below for pics and details on the tour!)

Archived