Goffs Caye through Carnival or Island Marketing???

delaware599

We'll be going to Belize this December and would like to snorkel Goff's Caye. I am torn between booking through Carnival or Island Marketing. Is one better then the other? Should I be worried about tendering and making it back to the ship on time?

• 1 month later...

See you have already gone, but I would book through Carnival, they pick you up from the ship, and take you to the island. Booking through some one else, you tender from the ship to the land, and then out to Goff's Caye. That's like taking two steps backwards, to go 5 steps forward.

Thank you for your reply. We booked this real last minute so did not have time to plan very well. Just booked Island Marketing last night... Oh well, we wanted to see some of the port area anyway. :-)

Island Marketing is quite a bit cheaper than Carnival and the tour is 1 hour longer - maybe travel time but at least it's scenery. We are still deciding between Goff's Caye and the Howler Monkey Sanctuary but if we choose Goff's Caye, it will definetely be with Island Marketing.

That's why we went with IM. We'd want to go to the port afterwards if we could anyway, so the travel distance would be the same and it's almost 1/2 price. I'm just not sure if the snorkeling is as good because IM goes from shore and not a boat.

• 3 weeks later...
That's why we went with IM. We'd want to go to the port afterwards if we could anyway, so the travel distance would be the same and it's almost 1/2 price. I'm just not sure if the snorkeling is as good because IM goes from shore and not a boat.

Marietta, I would love to hear your experience with Island Marketing. We are traveling on the Carnival Triumph on Feb 26th and are thinking of using IM for the Goff's Caye excursion.

IMHO you can't beat the snorkel trip provided by Coral Breeze Tours, with two stops & a possibly included local lunch on Caye Caulker. We use these guys twice each year & always have a great time.

Look up their site for all of the detail.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Do you think this snorkel trip would be appropriate for a young child (age 4)?

Has anyone done the tour with Excalibur tours? I'm thinking of the one to Goff's Caye . It looks like a great full day. We are in port from 8-6, so I think it will be doable. If not the one to Caye Caulker. I have seen little on the company and they have only a phone, no e-mail. What's with that? Also do not say where they pick you up. Thanks

Archived