13 Days out, what should I be doing?

roveer

We are a mere 13 days away from our Jewel cruise. 6 in call, 2 adults, 4 kids (12,9,6&4). We will be staying in an A3.

I've booked Atlantis Aquadventure. I'm trying to decide how to do KSC for my son and I. My wife and the girls will probably go shopping or the the beach at Cocoa.

I've done my eDocs and printed them out and they are in the safe with our passports. We got luggage tags in the mail and they are with the docs.

What else should I be doing? I saw a post about booking more things, but I have not seen this anywhere on the website. I've looked through all the excursions and chose the ones we want. We will not book anything at GSC, just enjoy the beach for the day.

Anything else I can book now?

Kids clubs?

Spa?

Specialty Rest?

Entertainment?

Bridge Tours?

What am I missing?

Will the A3 give me access to things in advance? I've heard the concierge can help with all types of things. I just want to know what I should be doing now, while still on land. From what I have learned and can see on their website (when it's working), I've done about all I can do.

Thanks,

I am a first time cruiser, and a junkie for research on the internet (hence all the time I spend on these boards!!!). In my research I found another site that had a great checklist.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/firsttime/pre-cruise1.cfm#axzz10qZUMgHF

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/firsttime/pre-cruise2.cfm#axzz10qZnPW1y

I apologize in advance to moderators here if I have posted a link to a site that perhaps I should not have. Please be gentle if this is true...

Sounds like you have everything in order... None of what you have mentioned can be done in advance. So what should you be doing now? The Happy Dance!! Oh, and maybe join your Roll Call if you haven't done it yet!

Adrian will take great care of you once you are on board. Tell him Robin will see him soon!

Robin

We are less than 13 days out from the Panama Canal....right now we're getting excited!! To sustain that we look at pictures of the ship and we've downloaded copies of the deckplans and reminded ourselves where everything is and what we may want to do on Day 1. We've got lists of things we have to do before leaving the house and what we want to pack. for cruises we take some different things like "stationery" [pens/pencils/post-its/highliter/small stapler for luggage tags which we hold onto until we're off the air travel part and in the precruise hotel]; basic first aid; crystal lite. Probably obsessive, but we go to the bank and get appropriate denomination bills for cash we know we'll need....porters at airport here and in LA, taxi, shuttle driver to cruise port, room service, butler, concierge, stewards, excursion leaders, porters at end of cruise port, taxi to postcruise hotel, etc. Though we could get cash on the ship, it's easier for us to just do it now, have it ready, stick it in the safe with our passports on day 1 and be free from that chore. We also figure what we might need in ports cashwise but mostly will use ATM or credit card or Trav cheques if we need extra cash. Everything On board except the personal tips is put on the cabin card. I like to rough out what clothes I'm taking and then check longrange weather forecasts for all the ports before I finally pack. I love the getting ready much more than the coming home to piles of mail, messages, laundry,etc. Also am making sure we have all the SD cards or new batteries required in and as backup for our gadgets.

Buy some glow-sticks on Halloween clearance for the kids to wave around the first night on the ship. Bring small bottles of bubbles for the kids/adults to blow during the sail-away. And most importantly, excuse yourself (briefly) once on board to purchase a week-long spa pass for your wife. A happy Mom is a happy family.

p.s. keeping asking your wife and MEAN IT how you can help her out over the next 1 1/2 weeks!

We are a mere 13 days away from our Jewel cruise. 6 in call, 2 adults, 4 kids (12,9,6&4). We will be staying in an A3.

I've booked Atlantis Aquadventure. I'm trying to decide how to do KSC for my son and I. My wife and the girls will probably go shopping or the the beach at Cocoa.

I've done my eDocs and printed them out and they are in the safe with our passports. We got luggage tags in the mail and they are with the docs.

What else should I be doing? I saw a post about booking more things, but I have not seen this anywhere on the website. I've looked through all the excursions and chose the ones we want. We will not book anything at GSC, just enjoy the beach for the day.

Anything else I can book now?

Kids clubs?

Spa?

Specialty Rest?

Entertainment?

Bridge Tours?

What am I missing?

Will the A3 give me access to things in advance? I've heard the concierge can help with all types of things. I just want to know what I should be doing now, while still on land. From what I have learned and can see on their website (when it's working), I've done about all I can do.

Thanks,

Honey you should be doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're like the rets of us, at 13 days from cruising, you should be:

a) Slacking off at work daydreaming of your cruise

b) Making big "X" marks on your desk calendar so everyone who walks by will also know how many days til your cruise, and

c) Using your company computer to buy vacation clothing and other travel supplies during lunch and while on conference calls!

HAVE FUN!

;)

Well, I've already modified all the computers in the house to have a nice countdown clock. The background changes every 30 minutes, but the picture of the Jewel and the countdown widget stays right were it's at.

ncl.jpg

Gotta have a little fun. Thanks for all the input. Seems like I have done everything I can for now. Will put together a list of things I have to do once we get on-board. Still deciding if we will do the spa pass or just day passes. With 4 kids I'm not sure we will get enough use. Definetly plan on using the courtyard during our chilly escape from NYC.

Holey moley. I just realized that my weather widget says it's 38 degrees. Too cold to fast!!! :eek:

Buy some glow-sticks on Halloween clearance for the kids to wave around the first night on the ship. Bring small bottles of bubbles for the kids/adults to blow during the sail-away. And most importantly, excuse yourself (briefly) once on board to purchase a week-long spa pass for your wife. A happy Mom is a happy family.

p.s. keeping asking your wife and MEAN IT how you can help her out over the next 1 1/2 weeks!

And go to Dollar Tree or Michaels and buy a bag of those assorted googly eyes. Give them to your stewards and tell them they are for the towel animals that your kids will love.

Archived