Early Saver question

In2why

My Aunt booked her cabin under early saver. Now the past guest rate is lower, but Carnival gets to choose their room as long as it is a balcony. They are booked in a 7A so it isn't like they could go to a lower catagory.

Do you get the OBC if the category isn't specified but instead a guarantee balcony?

My Aunt booked her cabin under early saver. Now the past guest rate is lower, but Carnival gets to choose their room as long as it is a balcony. They are booked in a 7A so it isn't like they could go to a lower catagory.

Do you get the OBC if the category isn't specified but instead a guarantee balcony?

The OBC only kicks in for the same category booked if the price is lower. Not for a Fun Saver or Past Guest guarantee rate of the lowest deck or obstructed Balcony view.

To answer your question ... one person argued enough they got to give up their cabin and move to the BL ... if your aunt says she will give up the 7A and take her chances, they MIGHT allow it .. policy seems to be getting a little more liberal about this.

You cannot price match to a different category, so it is only if she agrees to change to the gty category.

Be aware that some of those 7As are more obstructed then others (the first 3 lifeboats sit higher) so by getting rid of her 7 A she may get one of those.

Is the price difference all that much?

Be aware that some of those 7As are more obstructed then others (the first 3 lifeboats sit higher) so by getting rid of her 7 A she may get one of those.

Is the price difference all that much?

There are 3 people in the cabin...so it would be just over $100 in OBC for 2 of them, and I don't think there is a price difference for the 3rd person.

My daughter and Grandson are in the same cabin which is why I looked at it.

There are 3 people in the cabin...so it would be just over $100 in OBC for 2 of them, and I don't think there is a price difference for the 3rd person.

My daughter and Grandson are in the same cabin which is why I looked at it.

Just be prepared to be turned down (because she doesnt want to match to her category but to a lower category) .. but doesnt hurt to ask. You never know when something will go thru with those folks

Archived