Epic Docking Today

cruisingknut

I never thought that an island the size of St Maarten had THAT many places at which you could dock a ship the size of the Norwegian Epic. I also certainly never thought that the number of possible docking places for a ship this size was so large that it could result in any sort of confusion.

I guess you learn something new everyday! :eek:

Looking at the web cam and a map I cannot tell where on the island the Epic is docked. Can someone enlighten me? On St Maarten.

I was on that same cruise 2 weeks ago. To my knowledge there is only one dock there and the Epic backs in with the nose out (it does that at all ports due to its' size). The dock is right at the edge of the harbor at St Maarten. Enjoy your cruise, I sure did. I envy you.

Don

I was on that same cruise 2 weeks ago. To my knowledge there is only one dock there and the Epic backs in with the nose out (it does that at all ports due to its' size). The dock is right at the edge of the harbor at St Maarten. Enjoy your cruise, I sure did. I envy you.

Don

I thought it was for quick getaways ;)

Anyone else think it's crazy how a ship THAT big can back into a port?

I know that I get nervous parallel parking my car....

Ships of that size are more maneuverable going backwards.

Did you ever see the new ships sailing out of Meyer Werft Shipyard. They back them down the river to the sea.

PE

Archived