Deals on Splendor After Siutation is Resolved

picklebongo

my family(not myself) booked a cruise on the Celebration after their fire way back when(2000, I think) and got a huge deal that included the 3rd & 4th person cruise for only $50. I would have to ask what kind of stateroom they had and exactly how much considering how long ago it was. I would imagine the Splendor will be throwing deals out there as well.

my family(not myself) booked a cruise on the Celebration after their fire way back when(2000, I think) and got a huge deal that included the 3rd & 4th person cruise for only $50. I would have to ask what kind of stateroom they had and exactly how much considering how long ago it was. I would imagine the Splendor will be throwing deals out there as well.

It was 1995. I was supposed to be on the cruise after the fire. They deployed the Imagination a week early, which was a week after my cruise. Fortunately, I was able to rearrange my schedule (it was the summer between high school and college when you only had to be 18 to sail by yourself).

I sailed on the Celebration post-fire refurb in March of 96 with 20 sorority sisters for spring break. We got a deal similar to yours.

Depending on when the Splendor is back up and running, they may or may not need to reduce prices. With the Mariner leaving LA in January, capacity for this route has been dramatically reduced. However, RCI is pulling the ship for a reason, so more discounts may be necessary to entice people to book.

All I know is that my Spirit cruise went up in price today (for balconies.) Quite a bit, too.

I think all of their prices went up. I have a spa balcony booked on the SPLENDOR for November 28th and it went up $300 per person over night. Not even 100% positive that they will be able to sail that cruise and they raised prices in an astronomical way over night. :eek:

Not sure how or if it would affect sales, but Carnival stock is down 1%...

HUH?? It just hit its yearly high, burst thru the $40 level that it couldnt hold when RCL announced barn burner earnings ... and pulled Carnival thru the $40 level and looks to me like it might hold this time as it went all the way to $44ish. .. and now you want to say the fact that the stock went down the last 2 days has something to do with the fire?? absurb. .. btw it started down early Monday .. before the fire.

Oh yea, the market went down too the last two days that Carnival slipped a little bit back.

I saw a very interesting thread elsewhere on CC .. now I cant find it. It was about Fromer ? who writes those travel books. He was saying that by next year, many of the ships are pulling out of the Caribbean to Europe and greener pasturers, but not the U.S. There are a heck of a lot fewer ships out of Florida a year from now.

Bound to drive cruise prices from the U.S. up?

Can you imagine what the member reviews might be like when everybody gets back from this cruise. I guess I would take them with a huge grain of salt.

Yes, I would imagine we will have to endure the "cruise from h@ll" titles and the word "nightmare" and "horror".....

if the media gets it so wrong...can you imagine the cr@p that will come from some of the "less traveled" passengers.

Why would anyone expect a deal on just this ship ?

It will be repaired...things will return to normal once the repairs are complete.

Are you kidding? I am not saying they will discount future cruises, but so many people are already scared of cruising (very silly in my opinion), and this could really do some damage for people deciding to take a cruise in the first place. Pretty naive to think this won't damage future sales potentially.

For most seasoned cruisers, this will not affect our future decisions at all. But I am amazed at how many friends, family, co-workers, etc, always comment to me about the safety of cruising when they hear I am going on another cruise. So many people have such negative ideas of what a cruise is like, and this will certainly not help east their minds.

Archived