Warning to canadians

robgvic

You have the canadian air so try calling back and give them sea as your airport.

If you don't actually have a Princess person, let me know and I can give you mine. I have always been very happy with the service Diane gives.

I phoned Princess directly and got the quote in Canadian. Then I asked for the same cruise in American dollars and the Princess rep would not give it to me. I told her I had a US credit card but she would not do it unless I flew out of an American city such as Seattle. I wanted to fly out of Vancouver, if possible, but wanted the chance to do some cost comparison.

Does this make sense? What are other peoples' experiences?

I did not deal with a personal TA but phoned directly to Princess.

And yes, I say 'eh' quite a bit!;)

I have never been refused pricing in USD and I am in Vancouver BC.

Phone in again it might have been someone new.

I must have phoned in alot of times direct because they have given me elite status;).....Never had any trouble.

thank you Rob and kruisey for the Canadian content! glad to know I can phone back to Princess & request US pricing even tho' I live in the Lower Mainland! (and today it is cloudy and showery)

Love CC for all the great advice here.

BTW, any advice for San Juan, PR hotels or have either of you used priceline to bid?

I've never had a problem getting prices both in US and Cdn funds. My TA can give me both (in fact he suggests it), and I can also do it on line. I just go to a large on line agency who is actually suggested here on CC (go to Cruise Agencies at top of page) and put in the address line (url) either dot com for US pricing or dot ca for Cdn pricing. (It's a one word agency).

As for the final bill, I always go 2nd last day (as suggested by someone) and pay the balance using US$ travelers checks.. what's left over the final day is peanuts and I never worry about the exchange on that amount.

Archived