GTY Balcony Question

PurpleLaurie55

I am cruising on the Gem November 27th. My balcony room is still in GTY status with no room assigned. I checked NCL.com and only see balcony category BA left. Does that mean we will likely be assigned a BA or better? It's my first time booking a guarantee.

Note: I booked GTY with the understanding I may actually get one of the very few category GE balcony rooms... and I'm fine with that :)

I am cruising on the Gem November 27th. My balcony room is still in GTY status with no room assigned. I checked NCL.com and only see balcony category BA left. Does that mean we will likely be assigned a BA or better? It's my first time booking a guarantee.

Note: I booked GTY with the understanding I may actually get one of the very few category GE balcony rooms... and I'm fine with that :)

Not necessarily. Passengers in lower balcony categories may be upsold to BA, leaving vacancies in lower balcony categories that you then could be assigned to.

Hubby and I booked a GTY balcony on the sky last Dec. and what a surprise! Right in the middle of the ship, 9th deck (I think) and loved, loved, loved it! Thinking about doing it again on the Dawn next month and hopefully be as lucky as last year.:p

Hubby and I booked a GTY balcony on the sky last Dec. and what a surprise! Right in the middle of the ship, 9th deck (I think) and loved, loved, loved it! Thinking about doing it again on the Dawn next month and hopefully be as lucky as last year.:p

I originally booked an inside cabin, so when I splurged for the GTY balcony, I knew I'd be happy no matter what. But, I remember reading somewhere that the closer to the cruise date you get without having a room assigned, the better your chances of a good cabin!

When did you get your room assignment?

We booked an outseide GTY on the Jewel transatlantic in 2008.... we weren't expecting great things......

We ended up with a fabulous aft cat BA balcony...... it's the best balcony we've ever had!!

So.... fingers crossed!!

Booked a GTY on the Jewel last March and wound up with a GREAT BA category on the 10th deck midship!! Have a great time on your cruise!! Balcony gives you some private time - and we saw flying fish, a porpoise, lots of really fun stuff from ours. Always love the balcony life:)

Booked a GTY on the Jewel last March and wound up with a GREAT BA category on the 10th deck midship!! Have a great time on your cruise!! Balcony gives you some private time - and we saw flying fish, a porpoise, lots of really fun stuff from ours. Always love the balcony life:)

Really?!?! When we cruised to the first time, my wife wanted SO BADLY to see something.... and all we saw were butterflies :rolleyes: Other guests would say "did you see the dolphins this morning?!" and she'd get all upset. We always walked along the railings and windows, looking outside for something... hopefully this time we'll get lucky.

I originally booked an inside cabin, so when I splurged for the GTY balcony, I knew I'd be happy no matter what. But, I remember reading somewhere that the closer to the cruise date you get without having a room assigned, the better your chances of a good cabin!

When did you get your room assignment?

I just booked yesterday for the Dawn on Dec. 12th and was told I would not be assigned a room for 29 days by a very rude NCL call taker. I told her I knew long before that last year but she said 29 days. So not sure what is going on now. I knew in about 2 wks last year.

Called NCL back to ask why it would take 29 days to print out my eDocs. The call taker said that was wrong and could print out today. Not sure where some of them get their training, but 29 days was waaaayy wrong! Why do some stress you out like that. If they are not sure of the answers why don't they ask someone. It took 3 days not 29. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Now have my eDocs balcony stateroom 9026 port aft. Can't wait!:p

Called NCL back to ask why it would take 29 days to print out my eDocs. The call taker said that was wrong and could print out today. Not sure where some of them get their training, but 29 days was waaaayy wrong! Why do some stress you out like that. If they are not sure of the answers why don't they ask someone. It took 3 days not 29. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Now have my eDocs balcony stateroom 9026 port aft. Can't wait!:p

I'm glad it worked out! I have been GTY for way more than 3 days... and I cruise in less than 2 weeks. I'm hoping that I have a room assigned at least the day before sailing so I can print my eDocs!

I'm glad it worked out! I have been GTY for way more than 3 days... and I cruise in less than 2 weeks. I'm hoping that I have a room assigned at least the day before sailing so I can print my eDocs!

When I called about it today, the call taker told me I could print them out at the port the day of sailing, but I would keep checking daily.

I have booked the lowest balcony cabin category and ended up in a mini suite... I have also been assigned a balcony and ended up in another higher category balcony when I boarded the ship... One really never know for sure with guarantees...

Were you assigned a specific stateroom before you boarded?

Archived