Help trying to choose between 2 ships

leigh1959

We are planing a cruise in Jan and have narrowed it down to two ships the Carnival Insperation to cozumel and grand caymen or the Norwegian sun to cozumel and key west.

We are traveling with 2 small children ages 3ys and 11 months

Does anyone have any advice on what ship is better for kids or what ports are better or easier to get around with kids ?

I can't comment on the two ships, but I have been (with the kids) to both Key West and Grand Cayman.

In Key West we spent the day walking around. It is a town with lots of shops, a small aquarium and 'city' type things to do. We stopped there when the weather was quite cool and late in the day so I'm not sure about beaches etc. In Grand Cayman the ship docks at a pier built/owned by the cruiselines. It has shops and a beach right there. There is a Margaritaville and a pool that you can swim in right at the beach. There were the surfing machines (Flo' Riders) there as well. My parents took a tour of the island but there weren't a lot of things for kids to do away from the beach.

We had a great day at the beach right in front of the cruise ship.

Hope that helps. We have only been to each once so I'm sure there are lots of other things we missed or didn't do, but that was our experience.

I can't comment on the two ships, but I have been (with the kids) to both Key West and Grand Cayman.

In Key West we spent the day walking around. It is a town with lots of shops, a small aquarium and 'city' type things to do. We stopped there when the weather was quite cool and late in the day so I'm not sure about beaches etc. In Grand Cayman the ship docks at a pier built/owned by the cruiselines. It has shops and a beach right there. There is a Margaritaville and a pool that you can swim in right at the beach. There were the surfing machines (Flo' Riders) there as well. My parents took a tour of the island but there weren't a lot of things for kids to do away from the beach.

We had a great day at the beach right in front of the cruise ship.

Hope that helps. We have only been to each once so I'm sure there are lots of other things we missed or didn't do, but that was our experience.

I think you are confusing ports...Grand Cayman does not have a dock...It is a tender port. EM

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and experences I think we are going to go with the carnival ship (it seems to have more on the ship for the kiddies ie waterslides mini golf)

Anyone have any advice what to do at the ports grand cayman or cozumel kid/baby friendly tours or excursions ?

Has anyone been to the turtle farm in grand caymen?

How much is admission?

Archived